kayumanggi

THOR: RAGNAROK | 538.9 M overseas ● 854.0 M worldwide

That’s a harsh weekend-to-weekend drop I think? (-68%?) But the weekdays was great before that and make up for it. Understandable though with JL as direct competition.

738M globally is in the high end of what I projected earlier too.

I see it recover nicely over holiday. 530M OS and 310M Dom. If Dom can push higher, $850M WW would be nice. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sam said:

That’s a harsh weekend-to-weekend drop I think? (-68%?) But the weekdays was great before that and make up for it. Understandable though with JL as direct competition.

738M globally is in the high end of what I projected earlier too.

I see it recover nicely over holiday. 530M OS and 310M Dom. If Dom can push higher, $850M WW would be nice. 

It had a 62% drop if you remove China from the equation. Which in the face of JL isn't half bad. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

Drop is bigger than I wanted. Any chance left to beat BvS WW? 1%? 

0.1%?

But that wasn’t the goal in the first place. As soon as we know that 800M is locked, the next hope has always been the 850M milestone. 

Thor gross breakdown for this week

Dom - 35.4m (estimates)

China - 12.2m

OS-Ch - 40.4m (20.6 wknd, 19.8 wkds)(est)

I am hoping for another 60m domestic. And maybe another 2m or so in China. That will give a total of 800m

Now for OS markets. Even if we assume 50% WoW fall from here on out gets Thor another 40m which would put the global total at 840m

At this point I can say its highely likely it will cross Wonder Woman worldwide and end with a total of around 850m

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2