That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

18 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

TFA = FC

DOFP > TWS

Apocalypse > Civil War 

Yup, I know I'm probably wrong, but I've never gotten the love for The Winter Soldier, and I still think Civil War is the weakest CBM this year. Yup, I even prefer BvS. 

Nah.

First Class = The first Avenger

Winter Soldier >>> DOFP 

CW >>> Apocalypse

CW is the best comic book movie of the year and it isn't close.

Edited by FilmBuff
  • Like 2

Here's my view about these movies:

Doctor Strange- insanely good, amazing visuals, intense performances, great opening scene. 

X-Men Apocalypse- insanely underrated, good performances ( Magneto's family being killed), delicious scenes ( Quicksilver rescuing people, Wolverine finally killing and murdering people ) and a great opening scene ( damn, Apocalypse's Horsemen were murdering these guys right and left ). 

Suicide Squad- insanely fun, good performances coming from Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney. The soundtrack was sexy and tough. Much better than BVS. 

Deadpool- insanely overrated, fine performance from Reynolds, BUT the jokes got old really fast. The good thing was the R rating and the violence. However, the director really think he was being hardcore, when he was just being over the top. Now that the sequel will have a new director, maybe things will be better. 

Captain America: Civil War- insanely overrated. A mess of a movie. It doesn't really know what it wants to be. Sometimes it's a Bucky/Cap movie, then changes to Avengers 2.5, then it changes to Iron Man. Then it shoves a Spidey cameo during the middle of the flick. It also plays safe and doesn't have the cojones to kill anybody. it also wastes Crossbones in a 10 min cameo and completely destroys Zemo's origin. 

BVS- A real mess. It tries to be a lot of things, but ends up being nothing. A Superman sequel, a Batman movie, a Justice League movie, wasting the Death and Return of Superman in 20 minutes, Doomsday was pathetic and nothing like he was in comics. Affleck was the best thing in the movie, and some action scenes. The rest is weak, really weak.

Sony's INFERNO suffered a hellacious drop, falling -58% w/ just $6.2M in its 2nd weekend, $26M total.

opens at #2 w/ $45.6M - just above $44.2M of PeanutsMovie from same wknd last yr. Clear toon sailing until at Thanksgiving.

I got this feeling...TROLLS will have a sequel. DreamWorks Animation's latest rolled out with an impressive $45.6M.

• Like 3