That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

8 minutes ago, movieboner said:

I hope Doctor Strange will have the same legs as Zootopia which had a 4.55 multiplier. Then it'll outgross Deadpool, BvS, and Suicide Squad.

With Fantastic Beasts and Moana later this month? Forget it :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

So with an 85m opening, what are we thinking, about 225-230 million finish?

2x would be 170mil

It will need a lil bit better than an 2.7x to finish that high only time will tell what kind of multipler the Dr. Will have.

Edited by Brainiac5

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Spectre multiplier gives it 245. That's probably the ceiling, with 225 as the floor. 

We can only hope Marvel will randomly decide to stretch out the box office run by two months for an extra 5 million

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Really good for Strange and Trolls. Strange on par w/Thor 2 (a post-Avengers sequel), Trolls outdoing KFP3 (and we all thought it was gonna bomb a few month ago, so cute). Okay'ish for Ridge, but the legs will be amazeballs. Strange may struggle to 600M WW simply because of Fantastic Beasts, but if explodes in Asia, it could get there for sure. It had a big OW in China for the matter.

DAT HOLD FOR THE ACCOUNTANT THO

Why?

Argo did $5.9m OD and 19.4 OW.

Hacksaw Ridge multiplier over the weekend was too low for a movie with amazing WOM...

Edited by efialtes76

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Mmmm I'm not certain of that, when I saw both Avengers movies OD people were in huge part under 30s, a few older people but not much. And it was in a big city..

Doctor Strange brings different people, such as my mom who wants to watch it but was never tempted by these movies before :) She liked GOTG though.

Avengers opening weekend was split 50% over 25 and 50% under and that's a higher than normal under 25 split for Marvel films which equates to $103.5m+ for the over 25 demo.

Deadline disputes the 67% over 25 for Strange.  It has the number at 58% which is more in line with other MCU films

http://deadline.com/2016/11/doctor-strange-trolls-hacksaw-ridge-weekend-box-office-1201848529/

Big exit poll grades here for Doctor Strange on ComScore’s PostTrak exit polls with a 91% total positive and a super 73% recommendation rating. The Benedict Cumberbatch movie drew 61% males, 39% female with 58% of the audience over 25. On Friday night, CinemaScore also saw a 60/40 male to female split with 56% coming out because it’s a Marvel supehero movie and 31% of the crowd shelling out because they’re Cumberbatch fans.

Other breakdowns:

Imax contributed $12.2M off 380 hubs to Doctor Strange‘s bank account. A big comeback for 3D, which fueled 47% of Doctor‘s billings with $24M made from RealD screens stateside.

51% of the weekend driven by PLF, Imax and 3D

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

With Fantastic Beasts and Moana later this month? Forget it :(

I think it's just forget it period. Multiplier seems much too high. Also, Doctor Strange skewed towards the more adult crowd than usual, Moana may not effect it the same way as it would say Thor: The Dark World. FB on the other hand might be different matter but if critically weak and without Harry Potter, FB might fail to impress financially speaking.