That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

Awesome for all three openers, and hopefully all three of them get awesome legs. I'm genuinely surprised at Madea's hold. I expected it to drop somewhere in the 60s, but it did less than 55%. That's honestly rather impressive, considering Halloween's over. LOL at Inferno and OMG at The Accountant. Also, wonderful for Moonlight and very solid for Loving.

37 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I guess Fantastic Beats will probably cut Doctor Strange's overseas ( and perhaps domestic ) legs, but at least the movie still has 1 week left until Fantastic Beasts release date.

We also have to see Strange's drops for the next weekend and if the movie is being frontloaded or not. It dropped to 4th place in Spain, for example.

True, however Doctor Strange's initial opening projections were between $55 million and $75 million, it's actual projection is in the 80's. In China, its pre-sales I read were weak but the WOM was so strong it had the biggest Saturday bump for CBMs this year and ended up with the 3rd highest opening of any Marvel movie. It drops to fourth place in Spain but outshoots it's initial projections somewhere else. Most also didn't expect the strong critical reception to Doctor Strange. I didn't either. That will help the movie sustain itself amongst the competition as it did in shooting past what most expected.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Local movies?

Weekend Box Office: 'Finding Dory' Tops 'Zootopia,' 'Bridge Jones's Baby' Pass $200M Worldwide

I haven't seen Spanish numbers yet but Sully, Blair Witch and a drama with the male cast of the Ocho apellidos... films were opening there this weekend.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

$85m is really a fantastic number for a first movie, far better than the $70m predicted earlier :)

Agree

What I find kinda of amusing is that part of Doctor Strange's stats
(age) 26+ (67%)

And still some ... what do you call ppl who live in the past, can't let loose from a wrong impression, hold up a wrong statement so they do not have to change ther POV?

maintain MCU movies being ~ solely for the non-adults... (see e.g. at IMDb for the moment)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Agree

What I find kinda of amusing is that part of Doctor Strange's stats
(age) 26+ (67%)

And still some ... what do you call ppl who live in the past, can't let loose from a wrong impression, hold up a wrong statement so they do not have to change ther POV?

maintain MCU movies being ~ solely for the non-adults... (see e.g. at IMDb for the moment)

These people should be ignored..I mean, I see an increasing number of people older than 40 in theaters to see Marvel movies. Yes, it skews younger, mostly teens and young adults as I am, but clearly becoming mainstream for older people, Doctor Strange could accelerate the trend and sending them to Avengers 3 :)

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

67% 26 and older is huge and explains why the matinees were lagging on Friday compared to other SH movies

First time I've seen it (in German ~ 50% of the audience was over 40y old, 2nd time (today) in English in a matinee (midday) my son was the only twen, 1 pair and a solo woman looked like to be in the 30ties, the rest mayyybeee end 30 or older. I wasn't the oldest in both viewings. Not even the oldest female !?

My son is very good at estimating ages (me not) and I tend to speak after the movie with foreign to me ppl in the cinema about the movie, if they are interested....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

These people should be ignored..I mean, I see an increasing number of people older than 40 in theaters to see Marvel movies. Yes, it skews younger, mostly teens and young adults as I am, but clearly becoming mainstream for older people, Doctor Strange could accelerate the trend and sending them to Avengers 3 :)

I think that demo is already covered by the Avengers  - hence the $100m+ higher opening.  B)

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

67% 26 and older is huge and explains why the matinees were lagging on Friday compared to other SH movies

Should have a better drop Monday if its skewing to older audience.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I think that demo is already covered by the Avengers  - hence the $100m+ higher opening.  B)

Mmmm I'm not certain of that, when I saw both Avengers movies OD people were in huge part under 30s, a few older people but not much. And it was in a big city..

Doctor Strange brings different people, such as my mom who wants to watch it but was never tempted by these movies before :) She liked GOTG though.

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Take a look at the post 2 steps under the one you wrote this. The-Numbers did update it ;)

Ah, so it's at $366.8M DOM now.....pretty good.

Still, a pretty slow crawl until it goes over DM2's DOM-gross.

What's taking so long for Pets? Don't they want it to top DM2?

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Ah, so it's at $366.8M DOM now.....pretty good.

Still, a pretty slow crawl until it goes over DM2's DOM-gross.

What's taking so long for Pets? Don't they want it to top DM2?

I'm not sure they give a damn. And it's already holding about as well as it can. DM2 made $423k in its 18th weekend and made over $3m after that, Pets should be able to add another $1.3m after a $280k weekend. If not around Thanksgiving then by mid-December.