kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

This will be pretty lame with or without Singer, so like whatever. He's now free to use his talents elsewhere, and as a Singer stan, that makes me thrilled*

*assuming his career doesn't end here, which would be a shame.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

This will be pretty lame with or without Singer, so like whatever. He's now free to use his talents elsewhere, and as a Singer stan, that makes me thrilled*

*assuming his career doesn't end here, which would be a shame.

That is a bit too close to  the Polanski defenders for my taste.

• Like 2

Yeah, that doesn't sound ominous at all.  I'm sure that's a warning issued to every director along with a watchdog from the DGA...

Singer had been warned before production began by both Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and Fox Film vice chairman and president of production Emma Watts that they wouldn't tolerate any unprofessional behavior on his part. A representative from the Directors Guild of America also arrived on set to monitor the situation. 

If the real shit hits the fan, Fox's asking price might take a hit

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Did you read the entire article?  His throwing an object was the tip of the iceberg.

What led Singer to throw an object?

I'm not making excuses for his behavior, I just want to know what caused him to behave like that on set/not wanting to be on set.

Edited by Goffe

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That is a bit too close to  the Polanski defenders for my taste.

lol and trying to pivot the blame to malek as well. won't be long before goffe gets into the "look how big of a deal are these accusations anyway?"/"who cares about the psychological effects of his alleged actions and the wider systemic issues his continued success represents when we have days of future past!" portion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Singer is a great director.  Days of Future Past is one of my favorite CBM's.

Singer is also probably a shitty person.  I wouldn't be mad if he never worked again.

X1 and X2 are great as well. But...

• Like 2