kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

On 3/21/2024 at 10:26 PM, Hatebox said:

I suspect Levi’s directing this in the same way Kosinski directed top gun maverick: technically in charge but all meaningful decision run by its producer-star

Levy directing was always going to come second to the wants of Reynolds and/or Feige.

It's like that for the non-Coogler/Gunn/Black/Waititi MCU joints

Edited by YM!

17 minutes ago, YM! said:

Levy directing was always going to come second to the wants of Reynolds and/or Feige.

And he took the job knowing that I assume. Him and Reynolds really hit it off doing  Free Guy and seems to be almost partners now. 

• Like 1

It’s not like Levy is some stifled auteur. The very definition of a perfectly decent but nothing special journeyman director. He’s probably just glad he’s not stuck directing Ryan in some godawful straight to streaming Christmas movie. 

Edited by ZeroHour

47 minutes ago, YM! said:

Why even include Shane Black in that list? IM3 was made during the Ike Perlmutter era. You might as well include Joss Whedon

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why even include Shane Black in that list? IM3 was made during the Ike Perlmutter era. You might as well include Joss Whedon

Yeah he has said in interviews that he wanted Rebecca Hall's Maya Hansen to be the real villain  behind the mandarin instead of Guy Pearces Aldrich Killian but Permuluter nixed that because of ick a female villain.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:26 PM, Hatebox said:

I suspect Levi’s directing this in the same way Kosinski directed top gun maverick: technically in charge but all meaningful decision run by its producer-star

Or the same way that Jon Watts "directed" No Way Home lol

As much as I find Shawn Levy to be a bland director, he’s probably an ideal person to direct these big Marvel “event” films. By all accounts, he’s pretty reliable and knows how to play ball. He also already has experience working with Ryan Reynolds, as well as handling big ensembles. 

As a matter of fact, assuming DP3 is well received, I would expect them to get Levy for at least one of the upcoming Avengers films. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

As much as I find Shawn Levy to be a bland director, he’s probably an ideal person to direct these big Marvel “event” films. By all accounts, he’s pretty reliable and knows how to play ball. He also already has experience working with Ryan Reynolds, as well as handling big ensembles. 

As a matter of fact, assuming DP3 is well received, I would expect them to get Levy for at least one of the upcoming Avengers films. 

Yeah have people seen most of the MCU movies outside of the Whedon, Gunn, Coogler, and maybe Taika, Raimi and a few others. Pretty bland visually. I mean the Russo's directed four of the best movies and the look and visuals of those were fairly bland. 

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah have people seen most of the MCU movies outside of the Whedon, Gunn, Coogler, and maybe Taika, Raimi and a few others. Pretty bland visually. I mean the Russo's directed four of the best movies and the look and visuals of those were fairly bland. 

Agreed, Multiverse of Madness is one of the best looking MCU films. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

As an avid supporter of this movie, the trailer felt kinda Disney/PG-13 (IK the trailer is technically red-band but that's just what it felt like)

We don't just want, no, we NEED a pure R-rated trailer, like this: 

• Astonished 1

31 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

As an avid supporter of this movie, the trailer felt kinda Disney/PG-13 (IK the trailer is technically red-band but that's just what it felt like)

We don't just want, no, we NEED a pure R-rated trailer, like this: 

Eh I still think people way overrate how edgy and adult those first two movies were. They were edgy and adult in the way a 13 year old boy who is sneaking a  look at his dad's playboys and thinks he is getting away with something is. 

5 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Eh I still think people way overrate how edgy and adult those first two movies were. They were edgy and adult in the way a 13 year old boy who is sneaking a  look at his dad's playboys and thinks he is getting away with something is. 

Yeah, agreed. This might sound dumb as hell and hard to explain but the Deadpool movies are more like PG13-R rated movies, stuff like Logan and Joker are R-R rated movies

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah, agreed. This might sound dumb as hell and hard to explain but the Deadpool movies are more like PG13-R rated movies, stuff like Logan and Joker are R-R rated movies

Exactly.

49 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The only difference is one is a comedy and the other two are dramas. Content wise not really.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The only difference is one is a comedy and the other two are dramas. Content wise not really.

Good point. The Blood and Gore is about the same but in Deadpool it's played for laughs  almost and what we can we get away with with the sex humor also. In Joker and Logan serious as a heart attack and no sexual humor at all. 

Given that Disney..under the 20th  Century label is fighting a NC 17 rating for "The First Omen" I think we can rest assured they won't mind a R rating for this movie.

34 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Will Deadpool 3 get a China release? I've been hearing that it won't because it's rated R 

If they gave DP2 a (very late) release this one could get one too, but given that DP was never that popular in China even in better times I wouldn't expect it to make more than like 20M anyway.

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

If they gave DP2 a (very late) release this one could get one too, but given that DP was never that popular in China even in better times I wouldn't expect it to make more than like 20M anyway.

Even then, that's wasn't the true Deadpool 2 that was some shitty PG-13 version they cut down specifically to get it playing in China

And I'm wondering, why did China allow the PG-13 Deadpool but not the R-rated one? Why do they ban R-rated stuff?

But tbh no China (or a veeery minimal China gross) is kinda a good thing because in the very slim chance this somehow gets over Joker WW 1.075B it will be honorably instead of via the China cop-out.