kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Just now, TheFlatLannister said:

So is Deadpool imploding OS? The numbers don't see too promising

$225m+ OS opening isn't good? It's gonna be near MoM's WW opening ($450m) while also having summer weekdays. It's very good I would say.

Deadpool has never been the biggest Marvel franchise OS.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

$225m+ OS opening isn't good? It's gonna be near MoM's WW opening ($450m) while also having summer weekdays. It's very good I would say.

For reference, both Deadpool movies did around 100M more overseas compared to their domestic takes.

11 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

So is Deadpool imploding OS? The numbers don't seem too promising

There aren't that many people well-versed in international markets like Charlie is so it's hard to really gauge how things are going compared to his forecast. For what it's worth I think it will miss on his 225M expectation after seeing a few markets but could be I'm missing something.

I wouldn't say imploding though it's just expectations are really high.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

oh I don't keep up with OS numbers, but the last few pages didnt seem very good

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I’m sure Marvel would love if every writer with critical thinking vanish

True enough. And, DP&W could very well be junk. That tweet gives the impression that critic has essentially thought the same for 100M+ DOM earner for the past few years ago. I'd consider anything that gross that stateside mainstream.

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

E-Bl6cq-VIAEevc.jpg

In Japan, Deadpool 3 dropped to 3rd on Thursday - 56% Drop from Opening Day (Wednesday). It won't win the Weekend at debut here 

Jason generally doesn’t care for superhero movies, and they seem to be losing interest in Hollywood movies in general, so that’s not really surprising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Apparently it's essentially an NC-17 there, meaning no one under 18 is allowed, even if they're accompanied by an adult. Supposedly this was not the case with the previous two movies, so evidently either this movie is a lot gorier than before or Mexico's censor board has gotten more conservative. That'll hurt its haul for sure.

Not really more conservative but they're indeed a bit of a mess; Logan was also 18+ but Deadpool 1 & 2 were 15+, John Wick 2 and 3 were 18+ but 1 & 4 were 15+.

tbf I do have heard this one is gorier than previous Deadpool releases. They can be more strict when violence is too crude or takes are too close and specific and sexuality is more explicit (Babylon and Poor Things were 18+ as well). They usually don't have issues with language or consumption so don't think is that.

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Like this is just hyperbole at this point.

Worst movie I’ve ever seen? These people are just looking for a reaction.  

There’s a group of these film critics on Twitter that just sing from the same hymn sheet. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I’m sure Marvel would love if every writer with critical thinking vanish

I wonder what an ideal Deadpool movie looks like if it came from people who hate both the character and the genre.

Deadpool is not for everyone. He's basically if you put Looney Tunes, John Wick, and American Pie in a blender. If you hate the premise why should you say it's a bad movie. It's made for the target audience. 

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I can understand Japan, but SK used to be one of the absolute best CBM markets, probably #2 behind China back then.

Just like China, Hollywood movie grosses in South Korea have gone down significantly post pandemic. Since MCU movies were the biggest Hollywood movies in SK pre pandemic, they have been the biggest affected by this trend. But this has affected all movies. 

57 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

So is Deadpool imploding OS? The numbers don't seem too promising

26 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

oh I don't keep up with OS numbers, but the last few pages didnt seem very good

Mate if your only source of info on this movie is this thread, then you would think this movie had a rotten rating and is heading for a disaster at the BO. It’s filled with people either concern trolling or those who knows diddly squat about box office (ironic considering the site we are on). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3