kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

all the MCU films  post-Eternals have had their review embargos drop just two or three days before release aside from Guardians 3, so this is in line with what they’ve been doing. Disney’s other releases this have had good reviews despite late embargos so I don’t think it’s a bad sign for reviews. 

regardless of how reviews turn out I don’t expect it to have much of an effect on sales. Hell if anything Shawn Levy’s whole thing is that he knows how to play to audiences despite critics not being his biggest fans.

10 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Given the presales so far, do you currently think this film has the #1 DOM R-rated record locked and beat The Passion of the Christ’s $370M DOM numbers?

There is no doubt IMO

45 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Given the presales so far, do you currently think this film has the #1 DOM R-rated record locked and beat The Passion of the Christ’s $370M DOM numbers?

Lock it, load it and shoot it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Unless it's polarizing and awful and just falls apart like Batman v Superman, it'll take the record for sure.

2 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I see some filmbros Cinephiles are triggered by Hugh saying that D&W is best thing he's done as Wolverine lol.

Jackman said the same thing during pre release interviews for Xmen Origins Wolverine LOL......He says it every time he plays the character....nothing new here

• Knock It Off 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:47 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

100% chance it will. 

Good thing Feige and Iger  hace a sense of humor, since you know  they are  going to take quite a ribbing in this one.

Also glad they appear to , in the tradition of Deadpool movies, playing it largely for laughs.

And  I note they are trying hard to keep a lid on the cameos you know are going to happen, even leaving out the whole Taylor Swift kerfuffle.

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

The NSFW ‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ Interview: Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and Shawn Levy Go Deep on Making Marvel’s Wildest, Crudest Movie

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/ryan-reynolds-hugh-jackman-interview-deadpool-and-wolverine-1236062532/

To me the take away quote is when Jackman talks about a Film exec who says marketing a film nowdays is diferent then in 2000 when the first X Men movie came out; nowdays you have to give an audience a lot more reason to put down their twelve bucks then you used to. That sums up the situation Holllywood is in today better then anything else.

But amused he seems to think that R rated, raunchy material is new for Disney. From around 1987 until 2004, Disney released lot of R rated, NSFW films..but they did it under the label of one of their spinoff studios..Hollywood films, Touchstone, Miramax to keep the Disney label unsullied.

Why Disney cut out  the spinof studios and R rated movies circa 2004 always puzzled me. Always wanted Iger to explain that.Disney had kept the family label intact by using the spinoff studios  don't see ehy he did not continue. But I guess Iger decided that his no R rated movies strategy has outlived it usefullness, and the Mouse in back in the NSFW film business big time.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/8/2024 at 6:44 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

You damn right, also he's going to be in Secret Wars, isn't he.

Give RDJ, Tobey, Evans, Hugh for Secret Wars and I'll be content with it.

I hope they use a multiverse angle for RDJ if they do bring him back.

I don;t want Stark' death in this reality to be just another silly "Comic Book death'. It would rob Endgame of all meaning.

But I have no problem with Stark being alive in another reality.

Universal is probably concerned that Deadpool will open so big as to sort of suck the air out of the room as far as Twisters is concerned.Opening so close to this might have been a mistake.