75Live

Weekend Thread | est. DS 43 | Trolls 35 | Arrival 24 | Alm.X-Mas 15.56 | Hacksaw 10.77 | Account. 4.57 |

11 minutes ago, kswiston said:

A drop in the 55% range (around $38M) would be a pretty solid start for Strange. Taking out the Thursday previews that would be around -50% for Fri-Sun. 

Trolls is indeed holding well, but it's going to be hit hard by Moana in two weeks. If it passes $150M, I don't think it will be by all that much. 

Yeah, a big drop for Strange didn't make sense to me.

It's a solid entry and should have decent legs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Treecraft said:

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

People fear riots, so they stay at home.

I don't think it's an issue.

Seriously, DS doing less than $38M is almost shocking.

Arrival coulda done $22M - $23M

People fear riots, like me, cowards.

Not all audience is brave like you people...:)

1 minute ago, zackzack said:

Seriously, DS doing less than $38M is almost shocking.

Arrival coulda done $22M - $23M

People fear riots, like me, cowards.

Not all audience is brave like you people...:)

If people were afraid of riots, they wouldn't bring their kids to Trolls either.

Though if they were showing Zootopia right now, even I would be afraid to show up.

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Villeneuve has really proven himself with Prisoners, Sicario and now Arrival. Blade Runner 2049 is in safe hands and I imagine he'll be approached for bigger films in the years to come. 

I'm hoping that he turns any opportunities to do big blockbusters. I want him to keep making "interesting movies".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'm hoping that he turns any opportunities to do big blockbusters. I want him to keep making "interesting movies".

I doubt he'll ever do a blockbuster but he'll do more midbudget films with $50-70m budgets, studios will take a risk with him if he delivers with Blade Runner

• Like 1