kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

Australia 1.7m OD down 50% from BvS.

Is there a chance for sub 700m? Some of the numbers being thrown around are hugely down on BvS. I reckon legs will be better but doubt they will be anything amazing either.

Edited by eXtacy

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Is there a chance for sub 700m? Some of the numbers being thrown around are hugely down on BvS. I reckon legs will be better but doubt they will be anything amazing either.

Yeah, legs will be better but I also don't think it will outgross BvS in many countries. I don't know if Rotten Tomatoes affects the international market, but JL currently has 37%. BvS has lower score, but still...

Edited by UserHN

11 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Seems like this film is not doing that well in Europe. What's the reason? No love for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman?

Nolan's trilogy and WW did very well in Europe. I guess the awfulness of BvS is hitting this on the continent.

8 minutes ago, fmpro said:

There is still a chance but im beginning to doubt.. Needs good legs to get there

I think JL will still make more than Thor: Ragnarok, even if by a little. It has a month of run without huge competition. That may help this film. Imagine the embarrassment if a Thor movie defeats a JL movie. What is being predicted as the final worlwide gross for Thor 3? Will that movie cross $800 million?

36 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Seems like this film is not doing that well in Europe. What's the reason? No love for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman?

Comicbook movies are rarely big in Europe, and we're more demanding when it comes to quality..so if you combine a low RT score + the lack of interest it can't go far.

These days The Avengers movies are the only ones able to do well in Europe.

37 minutes ago, UserHN said:

No love for comic book movies in general.

There is the odd exception, like the first Spiderman or Nolan's Batman movies, but even those are more solid hits than truly big ones.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Nolan's trilogy and WW did very well in Europe. I guess the awfulness of BvS is hitting this on the continent.

Wonder Woman didn't do well in Europe, less than $100m in the European Union, and that's unfortunate.

But yeah, Nolan's trilogy was loved.

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I think JL will still make more than Thor: Ragnarok, even if by a little. It has a month of run without huge competition. That may help this film. Imagine the embarrassment if a Thor movie defeats a JL movie. What is being predicted as the final worlwide gross for Thor 3? Will that movie cross $800 million?

I do not see any chance of JL beating Thor. The latest is headed to make well over $800m, and people are debating here about JL not reaching $700m... I think JL will be able to make those $700m, but it is impossible at this point to reach $800m unless something magical happens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Comicbook movies are rarely big in Europe, and we're more demanding when it comes to quality..so if you combine a low RT score + the lack of interest it can't go far.

These days The Avengers movies are the only ones able to do well in Europe.

I have heard many people here refusing to go to see JL because of how bad they think BvS was. I still do not get it, because I think it is a quite good film :ph34r:, but if most people think in other way, the drop is unavoidable.

The only really SH recent films I can remember being big in Europe was the first Spider-man. According Lumiere, SM1 sold 32 million admissions in European Union. That number is very big, but still far from the biggest films ever in Europe.

Then we have:

TDKR, SM2 and SM3: 25 million

TDK and Avengers: 23 million

Ultron: 22 million

Iron Man 3: 19 million

BvS: 15 million

Guardians of the Galaxy, Civil War, TASM: 13 million

Data about 2017 films will be available along next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eXtacy said:

BVS did open on a holiday weekend worldwide. 

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I don't get why you people keep saying that there is no way this beats Thor when in a  lot markets that have reported numbers thus far,save one or two,this has made more than Thor.

JL won't have Thor's legs, Thor did very well on that front.

For now Brazil seems to be the only market where JL performs very well, given the terrible exchange rates and that BVS was already huge there it's unlikely to help much on a global scale.

Just now, Fullbuster said:

JL won't have Thor's legs, Thor did very well on that front.

For now Brazil seems to be the only market where JL performs very well, given the terrible exchange rates and that BVS was already huge there it's unlikely to help much on a global scale.

Wait...and why wouldn't JL have Thor legs?GA seems to quite like/enjoy/even love the movie.Sure it can fall harder on the dom front but nothing is guaranteed internationally.

• Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I don't get why you people keep saying that there is no way this beats Thor when in a  lot markets that have reported numbers thus far,save one or two,this has made more than Thor.

Have you been reading the same thread and seeing the numbers? Its the other way around. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Thor is really not the proper comparison for this film. A film this huge should be compared to its counterpart like The Avengers. Even if this film outgrosses Thor 3, if the difference is very little, then that is a huge letdown. Remember when many predicted JL to easily surpass the billion dollar mark and become the highest grossing comic book movie of 2017?

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Thor is really not the proper comparison for this film. A film this huge should be compared to its counterpart like The Avengers. Even if this film outgrosses Thor 3, if the difference is very little, then that is a huge letdown. Remember when many predicted JL to easily surpass the billion dollar mark and become the highest grossing comic book movie of 2017?

Pretty much, such a juggernaut shouldn't be compared to Thor Ragnarok, The Avengers is the right comparison, they were supposed to fight for supremacy.

Now we knw that Avengers 3 will do gross much more.

15 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Have you been reading the same thread and seeing the numbers? Its the other way around. 

Seems like we were both KINDA right

Brazil : JL has completely destroyed Thor there

Australia : 1.7 for JL vs 1.76 for Thor

NZ : On par

Indonesia : 8% ahead of Thor

Italy : IDK

HK : JL's OD 38% Over Thor

Russia : JL<<<Thor

France : same as above

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1