Brazil : JL has completely destroyed Thor there

Australia : 1.7 for JL vs 1.76 for Thor

NZ : On par

Indonesia : 8% ahead of Thor

Italy : IDK

HK : JL's OD 38% Over Thor

Russia : JL<<<Thor

France : same as above

And honestly you really think it's great for JL to be close to Thor? That's not what was expected of it, it was a $1B grosser...you can't be angry at us for being disappointed...being under BVS would be horrible. And as I said JL will have to be leggy, which is very uncertain.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Thor will get its legs cut and they both won't be much far off.

There might not be real winner in this race

If Thor 3 ever gets close to the box office gross of JL, the winner is Thor 3. Like what I said earlier, a film as huge as JL should outgross a Thor movie by miles and miles. The fact that a Thor movie might possibly comes close to a JL movie is a huge win for Thor 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thor 3 when compared to Thor 2 will gain 125 m DOM. Which is huge.

Thor 3 will also gain 100 m OS.

Another huge gain.

This puts Thor 3 close to BvS.

Should be a tie, right?

But then JL is going to drop at least 50 m DOM and 50 m OS.

It's no longer a tie.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

38 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Seems like we were both KINDA right

BATMAN AND Superman vs Thor.... really bad 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Thor will get its legs cut and they both won't be much far off.

There might not be real winner in this race

BO numbers of a Justice League movie is compared to that of a Thor movie (with questions of whether the former can surpass the latter).

But there’s no real winner in the race. 

Sure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

No love for comic book movies in general.

There is the odd exception, like the first Spiderman or Nolan's Batman movies, but even those are more solid hits than truly big ones.

Um Ultron and The Avengers are the biggest films overseas for Comic Book movies, I think they did pretty good in Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Seems like we were both KINDA right

You can also add

Germany : Thor is ahead of JL

SK : Thor is double JL end of 2 day

China : JL running on par with Thor

India : unconfirmed but JL lower than Thor

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

If Thor 3 ever gets close to the box office gross of JL, the winner is Thor 3. Like what I said earlier, a film as huge as JL should outgross a Thor movie by miles and miles. The fact that a Thor movie might possibly comes close to a JL movie is a huge win for Thor 3.

Yup, in football goal differential terms, Thor only needed a draw or a small loss. Justice League needed to win by 4 lmao.

37 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

You can also add

Germany : Thor is ahead of JL

SK : Thor is double JL end of 2 day

China : JL running on par with Thor

India : unconfirmed but JL lower than Thor

OK didn't check those.

Anyway,JL twitter feed says that JL has the biggest opening of the year there...anyone knows the figure?

43 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Um Ultron and The Avengers are the biggest films overseas for Comic Book movies, I think they did pretty good in Europe.

In many parts of Europe they are far away from what the real blockbusters do.  No one said that they don't do "pretty good" in Europe, in fact, I very much did say that they did pretty good by stating that they are solid hits.

The Avengers finished 4th for the year in the UK, at roughly half of what Skyfall made, a bit below Dark Knight Rises, and the Hobbit. And that's maybe the most comic book friendly market in Europe. Age of Ultron also finished fourth, at 1/3 the size of TFA, less than half of Spectre, 20m behind JW and only a bit ahead of Minions.

In France, The Avengers finished 6th and AoU finished 8th for the year, in Italy 4th and 7th, in Germany 12th and 11th. And that is the peak of what comic book movies do, not what lesser known or lesser rated stuff does.

Spiderman was far bigger in most of these markets, and Batman often as well. But even those are exceptions. The average comic book movie is not really relevant in Europe. They make a bit of money, but when you look at the market sizes the totals are far lower compared to what is possible than they are in other international regions. And that was my entire point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

In many parts of Europe they are far away from what the real blockbusters do.  No one said that they don't do "pretty good" in Europe, in fact, I very much did say that they did pretty good by stating that they are solid hits.

The Avengers finished 4th for the year in the UK, at roughly half of what Skyfall made, a bit below Dark Knight Rises, and the Hobbit. And that's maybe the most comic book friendly market in Europe. Age of Ultron also finished fourth, at 1/3 the size of TFA, less than half of Spectre, 20m behind JW and only a bit ahead of Minions.

In France, The Avengers finished 6th and AoU finished 8th for the year, in Italy 4th and 7th, in Germany 12th and 11th. And that is the peak of what comic book movies do, not what lesser known or lesser rated stuff does.

Spiderman was far bigger in most of these markets, and Batman often as well. But even those are exceptions. The average comic book movie is not really relevant in Europe. They make a bit of money, but when you look at the market sizes the totals are far lower compared to what is possible than they are in other international regions. And that was my entire point.

Batman was more boosted by Nolan than anything really ^^^ 

Spiderman i agree always does well overseas as homecoming outgrossed every MCU film overseas apart from Im3, Civil War and Avenger films. 

Edited by Lordmandeep