75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

Warner Bros has mid November locked with Justice League next year, FB2 in 2018 and FB3 in 2020. mid November 2019 is currently empty but they do have a DC film scheduled for 1st November which they could easily push back three weeks or schedule another WB tentpole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohmigod12345 said:

Ugh, people: 

the wizarding world brand has always been adolescent and adult targeted. That's something I've said over and over again. Yet people deflect my comments in favor of patronizing it and attempting to drag it back to the children's table. 

The J.K. Rowling fantasy brand is quite strong and dark in its imagery and thematics and not child friendly. I could see younger audiences enjoying the creepy but charming initial first two films, but the series is not for children much beyond that. I don't think I've ever seen a more child unfriendly four quadrant IP than Potter, and that's not a bad thing. 

Fantastic beasts is not at all what id call a kid friendly film. Despite some people's attempts to deflect this statement, the film is quite dark, intense, scary, and thematically heavy in ways that most blockbuster films from Star Wars, Marvel, even DC to an extent, aren't.

I've also always pointed out that Warner bros has hardly ever marketed this brand to children. There are no toys to speak of, or at least not many. Most of the merchandise for the film's have been adult oriented clothing and wallets and fashion accessories sold through hot topic, and TV Spots were only ever aired during The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and the World Series baseball games. 

The Wizarding World brand has more than proven that, with some exceptions, it serves more or less a darker, more adult palette than other franchises. But for some reason, people just get really angry when you mention this. Why? Like...

Hi dcasey. Almost forgot you were a thing.

@Nutella of Arabia

• Like 2

In the U.S., Fantastic Beasts played notably older than the final two Harry Potter movies, with 65 percent of the audience over the age of 25 compared to 56 percent and 55 percent for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 1 and Part 2, respectively. At the same time, there was a large concentration of moviegoers in the 25-35 age range, with 55 percent of Friday's audience under the age of 35.

Clutch excerpt from THR that I think makes sense in the way that this is performing.  What a joy to have been a Potter fan from the beginning and literally age with a franchise.  There really is nothing else like the feeling.

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Not gonna happen 0% chance. That's hogsmade The other park , USF, next door has diagon alley (jk made them put it in the other park because she said they would make no sense being together) FB breaks the themeing and timeline. It can't have an entrance in hogsmede or next to the castle. 

universal is building a 3rd themepark opening like 2021. Expect FB to have a full land there. 3 parks, 3 different Harry Potter lands. 

I wouldn't put it at 0%. Newt did go to Hogwarts and certainly learned a lot of what he knows about the beasts there and in the Forbidden Forest. Many Beast live there. We don't yet know where Newt ends up. He could be currently living in the forest alive or in ghost form for all we know. It's not a stretch to think the next movie would have scenes in the Forbidden Forest, so a FB attraction set in the Forest on the current DC location is not unreasonable. 

I do however agree that they'll hold it for the new park. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Not gonna happen 0% chance. That's hogsmade The other park , USF, next door has diagon alley (jk made them put it in the other park because she said they would make no sense being together) FB breaks the themeing and timeline. It can't have an entrance in hogsmede or next to the castle. 

universal is building a 3rd themepark opening like 2021. Expect FB to have a full land there. 3 parks, 3 different Harry Potter lands. 

That's what I was talking about.  Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure. Which is part of Universal Orlando. I'm well aware of where it is 

There's every chance as it's been rumoured all year long Challenge is going. I'm just saying what I've been reading for months from lots of sources. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

The rumour is they've plans to put a FB attraction in place of the Dragon Challenge rollercoaster in Florida. 

God what a horrible rumor. The dragons are two of the very best coasters on this planet, I can't stand the idea of them getting demolished when they have a crapload of other options to put a new Potter attraction in. I mean what the hell is the Lost Continent still doing there for starters? It's just a waste of space ever since they gutted it for Hogsmeade. Take out the dumb Poseidon walkthrough and Sinbad show and put the FB ride there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

That's what I was talking about.  Hogsmeads in Islands of Adventure. Which is part of Universal Orlando. I'm well aware of where it is 

There's every chance as it's been rumoured all year long Challenge is going. I'm just saying what I've been reading for months from lots of sources. 

It would make sense.  Even though that's a big attraction in terms of size it was there well before WW and needs an update.  I could see them putting in another coaster thats FB themed.  When I left the theater on Thursday I told my friend 'i can already see WB doing two things: selling the SHIT out of those wand tipped clear umbrellas and making a dope ride where you tour Newt's briefcase.

And to any fan who hasn't been to the Orlando park it is an absolute must.  I've never seen anything like it in terms of sheer immersion.

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I go to the Wizarding World monthly :redcapes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to go on opening day back in 2010 and it was INSANELY crowded but so worth it.  Rode the Hulk with Tom Felton.  We tried to get into the press opening the night before but it was a no go.  Still we sat outside and listened to the opening ceremony.  If you've never seen it watch this.  John Williams and a full orchestra were by the castle playing the score live.

• Like 6

What is this third theme park at Universal Orlando? I would assume The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will expand but don't Universal have other things planned like a Secret Life of Pets ride? 

I'm not a theme park sort of person but Universal Orlando sounds great along with Disney World. Are Disneyland and Universal Studios in California any good, I went to the Warner Bros Studio Tour Hollywood as I only had a limited time in LA and the surrounding areas and thought it was excellent.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1