75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I don't disagree with you but there are too sides of that coin.  You can't say it's doing poorly (when a new franchise that started with a 70+ million opener would be heralded) and then in the same sentence bash it for not reaching the heights of the second highest grossing franchise of all time.  People need to pick a lane.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying it's doing poorly. I'm saying for the start of a new franchise, it needed to do better.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

An entire trilogy based on the rebellion stealing Death Star plans and putting them in a droid. :rofl:

When 90% of this takes place in Rogue One. :rofl:

No No No guys, do you know what we need? What Disney needs?

STAR WARS X GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -> $2B+ WW :jeb!:

http://toddnauck.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/SW.Guardians.colors.tn_.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

Um..... no? :lol: I don't really get your logic here. While there are some variations, Rey very much follows Luke's general path. This is a good thing -- rooted in classic mythology, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Finn, while being his own character, also has a lot of similarities as a composite of Luke and Han (from ANH). Again, nothing wrong with this at all, in fact, it's what good sequels do: give new characters their own context while calling back to many of the characteristics that people loved about the original characters.

rey is literally nothing like luke. they start on a desert planet and use the force by the end, that's it. that's kind of going to happen in a star wars movie. but she's basically the opposite of him as a person (i'm gonna say that was the point). meanwhile finn is a stormtrooper who defects, which has obviously not been done before in the movies. this leads to a character arc and context for this universe that has also never been done, and a great one at that

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Oh, you guys don't like being insulted publicly?  Imagine that, isn't it funny how that works?

Did someone hijack your account = do we speak to the user usually writng with that name?

Or did happen something bigger, or over a longer time that changed you (hopefully for only a short time)?

Please calm dowm take a walk, drink some water,... and do not let whatever it was get to you again.

Pretty please?

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's not doing poorly. I'm saying it now. It's easily going to gross $750M WW. I mean, that's pretty good. Just below expectations. If it grosses sub-$200M DOM, that's not poor but it ain't what WB wants either. Set the next installment in Gotham with Newt and Bats working alongside one another. Win, win.

it's not guaranteed 750m worldwide at all. Looks like it will finish in the 600m range

• Like 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

Did someone hijack your account = do we speak to the user usually writng with that name?

Or did happen something bigger, or over a longer time that changed you (hopefully for only a short time)?

Please calm dowm take a walk, drink some water,... and do not let whatever it was get to you again.

Pretty please?

He's been infected by the T-Virus : you insult people, you get an orange skin and weird hair :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, water said:

rey is literally nothing like luke. they start on a desert planet and use the force by the end, that's it. that's kind of going to happen in a star wars movie. but she's basically the opposite of him as a person (i'm gonna say that was the point). meanwhile finn is a stormtrooper who defects, which has obviously not been done before in the movies. this leads to a character arc and context for this universe that has also never been done, and a great one at that

Um what. Rey is basically a Luke/Anakin clone, which is there are so many goddamn theories about her being a clone or Luke and/or Anakin!

Just now, moviesRus said:

Um what. Rey is basically a Luke/Anakin clone, which is there are so many goddamn theories about her being a clone or Luke and/or Anakin!

she's quite similar to anakin, who is quite different from luke. therefore she's quite different from luke, if that helps make my point clearer

1 minute ago, water said:

C'mon, it starts on desert planet, stormtroopers are trying to find a hidden message in a droid, they escape with an older mentor, and then another deathstar needs to be destroyed.

I like TFA but let's be real.

• Like 4

Just now, water said:

she's quite similar to anakin, who is quite different from luke. therefore she's quite different from luke, if that helps make my point clearer

Anakin was deliberately modeled off of Luke. so... they're basically all variations of the same prototype.

Just now, grey ghost said:

C'mon, it starts on desert planet, stormtroopers are trying to find a hidden message in a droid, they escape with an older mentor, and then another deathstar needs to be destroyed.

I like TFA but let's be real.

i'm making a spreadsheet comparing TPM, ANH, and TFA as we speak. but quickly i can tell you that a big difference is the fact that the climax of anh is the main character destroying the death star, while the climax of tfa is the main characters in a lightsaber fight. this is exactly what i was talking about: if you ignore rey and finn it's the same as anh. if you actually focus on them it's not