75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

7 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

It doesn't really have anything to do with what I like or dislike. Personally, I don't care what you call me -- though, fair warning, it's against the terms & policies of the site to attack or go after a staff member. But honestly, do you just go around with this attitude to every admin or authority figure you come across?

You're the one inferring disrespect from my polite request. Your follow-up comments -- basically a "I didn't start it!" defense, combined with a "do your job right!" pushback -- don't help your argument at all. I understand you disagree with how the situation was handled. Fair enough, your disagreement is noted.

Next time show some respect and PM me with your silly "Moderation Warning".  That is all.  

Not really that hard to get and I said it from the start.  

1 minute ago, water said:

how is it my interpretation? main character of anh: luke. luke in the finale: death star. main character of tfa: rey: rey in the finale: lightsaber fight.

Just cause the film diverged in one way does not make it NOT a copycat.

Edited by moviesRus

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

He was very lukewarm to FB, imagine his predict had he felt like it was another Potter or Hunger games :ph34r:.

I really enjoyed FB and was better than 4 Potter movies. 

And I've never been a lunatic when it comes to predicting box office. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.  He called me out specifically in a post.  I hadn't mentioned or said anything to him.  He also called me out for no reason and is gloating like a fucking child over who knows what because he won't explain it.  

You want to tell someone to settle down, then you are talking to the wrong person.  Get it right next time or send me a PM if you want to discuss it further, but don't call me out publicly if you can't even get it right.  

He told you to chill because you are the one who was throwing out insults. Nobody insulted you but you were called out for all of you big talk about how Fantastic Beasts was going to do very well. And see you don't necessarily actually make a solid prediction so that if you ever are wrong you can just come back and say well you never actually gave a number so technically you are not wrong.

Thats why you rub people the wrong way at times.

And why exactly would any of us and you make you a private message telling you to calm down? You are just a member here like everybody else did. No need to give you special privileges to send you a private message telling you that you've done something that isn't exactly on the up-and-up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, water said:

how is it my interpretation? main character of anh: luke. luke in the finale: death star. main character of tfa: rey: rey in the finale: lightsaber fight.

You're incredibly literal when it comes to these things. And then you take that literalness to an extreme when it comes to themes or other people's interpretations. Rey does not follow Luke's path 100% throughout the entire story. Nevertheless, it's mind-boggling to argue that her character doesn't share a great many characteristics with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, water said:

Please be quiet. You've tainted this thread with your ludicrous posts. You sound like a tumblr user - well-intentioned, but naive and comes off as aggressive and immature. 

Please take a seat, water. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

Just cause the film diverged in one way does not make it NOT a copycat.

that's just an example of the many ways it diverged via finn and rey.

also i'm not even saying it's super original lol, i'm just saying it draws from both tpm and anh a lot, and brings freshness with finn and rey who are quite different from everything before (but rey does have parallels with anakin which i like)

7 minutes ago, water said:

that's just an example of the many ways it diverged via finn and rey.

also i'm not even saying it's super original lol, i'm just saying it draws from both tpm and anh a lot, and brings freshness with finn and rey who are quite different from everything before (but rey does have parallels with anakin which i like)

oh god

[mod edit]

8 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

rey ain't a chosen one either. she's either just related to the skywalker line or just a random newb. JJ has said he doesn't like the idea of that and wants the force to be accessible and not like some jesus power.

that's kind of the whole reason i like rey random. she rises to greatness from nothing, not because of her parentage