75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

11 minutes ago, James said:

280m according to BOM:P

As have several Harry Potter films before it, Beasts scored an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences. That being said, while this is the lowest opening for any film in J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World series of films, Beasts's opening is on par with the likes of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ($77.1m) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($77.8m), which went on to gross $292 million and $301 million respectively. Should Fantastic Beasts follow suit a domestic run anywhere from $284-290 million would be in the offing, though a safe expectation right now would seem to be around $275-280 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4243&p=.htm

I want whatever he's drinking. 

Lololololololololololololol. That dude clearly doesn't realize that those opened during the week. If only there was a website that archived historical box office data...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Treecraft said:

I dont know what numbers you have but it seems to me that Fantastic Beasts appeals to families, as does Moana.

Looks like only about 18% of the audience was under 18 years old.  This appealed to an older demographic and not families with young kids like Moana will.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Looks like only about 18% of the audience was under 18 years old.  This appealed to an older demographic and not families with young kids like Moana will.  

and how exactly do you know that? stop pulling numbers from your arse.

26 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

I dont know what numbers you have but it seems to me that Fantastic Beasts appeals to families, as does Moana.

Families didn't show up for FB, as some data already showed us. Only 18% of the audience was under 18 years old.

37 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I know the talk all week was how this was going to skew older, but doesn't that number still seem low?