FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anybody rooting for this?

I was at the right age when Captain Underpants books were popular, but no. I think most people are going to think it's weird as fuck.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, cannastop said:

They could put that to the test by releasing a Zootopia sequel during Thanksgiving.

Zootopia's stellar reputation will make Zootopia 2 anomalous.

Coco will be a true test assuming it's good.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

I have no idea what to expect from My Little Pony, whether the things that make the TV series so popular will translate well to the big screen and if critics will feel the same way now that they'll be forced to give it a chance

Edited by tribefan695

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anybody rooting for this?

I loved the books as a kid, and if they are able to capture the same silly, self-deprecating humor from the books, I would be happy. I'm just not sure if this will be something that audiences will turn into a big hit, especially with two big animated features coming after it, and it not being popular with the kids today...actually, are they still making new books?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I loved the books as a kid, and if they are able to capture the same silly, self-deprecating humor from the books, I would be happy. I'm just not sure if this will be something that audiences will turn into a big hit, especially with two big animated features coming after it, and it not being popular with the kids today...actually, are they still making new books?

It could be perform like Trolls did when it was competing with Strange, if the movie is good and Nut Job 2, Smurfs, and Boss Baby bomb or underperform.

Edited by YourMother

59 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I've seen 3 of those.

Up: Pretty good, but much too sentimental for my taste.

Coraline: Actually a great movie that I should rewatch sometime.

Princess and the Frog: Dull as shit, and a wasted opportunity for 2D animation's return.

2016's animated features measure up well, in my opinion.

Well maybe you should see the rest

eCFlPJk.png.671a7547a397d13f05f11e967069

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Er, but weren't you just arguing competition is negligible at the box office? ;)

Yes, and none of that competition hurt TFA at all.  The bigger beast isn't effected, Frozen was a massive family beast and no family movie other than maybe TFA would have dented it by much more than 10m or so.