FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

20 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I'm taking names of everyone who snarked at my claim that FB is going to whip Moana DOM.  Especially those who chimed in yesterday after Moana's $15.7m Wednesday.

Please take my name too. Thursday's numbers don't change the fact that it's not happening.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I'm taking names of everyone who snarked at my claim that FB is going to whip Moana DOM.  Especially those who chimed in yesterday after Moana's $15.7m Wednesday.

You are high on that list. :)

taking names? then what? make a revenge..? 

• Like 1

If Fantastic Beats makes 43m this weekend and drops 60% next weekend its third weekend of 17.2m would already surpass the DH1 third weekend which pulled in 17m. FB is well on its way to 230m DOM....maybe more.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

The drop for Moana is standard for an animated movie on Thanksgiving Day. Today's increase will be enormous.

140~150% average. I'm pretty sure he won't comment on that tho cause he never seems to admit whenever he's wrong. 

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

So edge of17 was filmed in Vancouver! Lmao that's why I thought the theme park they went to "looked veeeery similar to the one I go to when I'm in the city."

so was it the exact same one? ??

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Yes. :)

Then why put happy and smiley emoticons instead of realizing of what you're saying is unlogical? Your comments just doesn't make sense when you feel so godforsaken-happy that Disney-films will gross lower as you expect. They just don't.

Oh, and please, don't put a smiley emoticon when you comment, just to prove me wrong again. Just don't!

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Does anyone know why these animated and family movies started decreasing by around 25-35% on Thanksgiving day? Looking back in the nineties Toy Story went up 7% today, A Bug's Life over 40%, and TS2 over 30%. Admittedly the Friday increase was a lot smaller for those than modern animated flicks usually get.

For non thanksgiving openers, in 2000 The Grinch went up as well as Monsters Inc in 2001.

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

Does anyone know why these animated and family movies started decreasing by around 25-35% on Thanksgiving day? Looking back in the nineties Toy Story went up 7% today, A Bug's Life over 40%, and TS2 over 30%. Admittedly the Friday increase was a lot smaller for those than modern animated flicks usually get.

For non thanksgiving openers, in 2000 The Grinch went up as well as Monsters Inc in 2001.

Families for the most part are busy on Thanksgiving Day with dinner preparations and so on. Besides, considering most of the major theaters are located in the malls, they usually wait to do the movies as they're in the middle of the Black Friday sales.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Trolls decrease is very weird.

Flat on Wednesday and -54% on Thursday...

• Like 1