FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

That was a fantastic Sat hold for Moana and given that, I think Sun has potential to be better than the estimate. I just wish it could have hit 90m for the 5 day, then I would be confident in 300. As it is, it will really need to be another Zootopia in terms of WOM to get there with all the competition, which I don't think is impossible given the quality and reactions to the film so far, but hard. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Are they counting the animated movie from the late 70s? Because that should not factor in at all when comparing the two franchises. Different filmmakers, different studio, different medium, different take on the setting, etc.

Still based off the same source material though.

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

Still based off the same source material though.

But not the same film franchise.

Otherwise you would have to include the Raimi Spiderman films, the Webb films, the 1990 Cap film, the Hasslehoff Nick Fury film, etc in the MCU film average.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

But not the same film franchise.

It's called LOTR, by default I guess it count, but yeah I can see your reasoning. I guess the guys at BOM probably felt that it would be a bit silly had they discluded it from the LOTR franchise section or something. I dunna!

Edited by Fancyarcher

I kinda have a feeling @CJohn is the one who usually updates thread titles, put daily grossing threads in the Numbers and Data section and so on.

I wonder if my feeling is right.

Edited by Arlborn
hard to keep grammar straight when drunk at 2am, just sayin

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I kinda have a feeling @CJohn is the one who usually updates thread titles, put daily grossing threads in the Numbers and Data section and so on.

I wonder my feeling is right.

Done

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Well you would get your HBO nakedness quota.

But you'd also have to deal with several seasons of the Son of Skarsgard.

I know the answer, but for some reason it made me laugh:

which one - he only has 7 sons (at least 4 of those are actors) ... and 1 daughter, :D

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm partial to Tangled

May 13–15 82 $6,351 +18.9% 9 -8 $706 $199,714,630 25
May 20–22 12 $910,502 +14,236% 191 +182 $4,767 $200,627,301 26
May 27–29 32 $131,938 -85.5% 34 -157 $3,881 $200,803,309 27

"No, you don't understand. ITS GOING TO GET THERE."

Edit - Also, wow for FB. *Over* 45M? That's one rampantly badass hold right there. Pity about Moana. Hopefully the legs will be strong.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, filmlover said:

All of this talk of director's and no one mentions Zemeckis rough run recently?

Haven't seen Allied yet (soon) but I'm actually kinda sad he is looking at two big misses in a row. Oh well, at least he's given us the closest thing to a Christmas classic this generation (The Polar Express) which will continue to make dough for many years to come.

Elf?