Precursors 2016! Winners and Nominations

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

More NYFCC awards (rest still to come):

Cinematography: Moonlight

Screenplay: Manchester by the Sea

First Film (tie): The Edge of Seventeen (yay!) and Kirsha

Supporting Actress: Michelle Williams, Manchester by the Sea and Certain Women

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with a lone Best Actress nomination and that's it.

It'll still get Score and Cinematography nominations as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. Question is what would replace it in Original Screenplay?

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It'll still get Score and Cinematography nominations as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was it. Question is what would replace it in Original Screenplay?

20th Century Women? I don't know, even that's beginning to feel like an afterthought.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

20th century women or something. maybe loving. (before i certain someone rolls in to say "well zootopia has a shot"... nope. don't do it). but i still think jackie is good for that right now

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

20th century women or something. maybe loving. (before i certain someone rolls in to say "well zootopia has a shot"... nope. don't do it). but i still think jackie is good for that right now

Patriots Day is an original screenplay. If the film really does become the next American Sniper, maybe that's our answer?

Interesting how NYFCC went for La La land even though Manchester and Moonlight split most of the other awards, maybe it is just a more consensus favourite, if La La Land can do well with the critics, I think Academy BP is almost a certainty.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Now I'm rolling in to say that I don't think it has a shot. You left out Hell or High Water as a replacement, btw.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Nope. Try again.

Instead of a basic quick response, please explain to me how either Pine, Bridges, or Birmingham are worse than Ben Foster. Foster gives by far the worst performance of those four and sticks out like a sour thumb compared to them

i think since you made the initial claim that was more opening the floor to what you find so bad about Foster's performance. I did say i'm not as enamored as others are but he's good. i don't see how he stands out (other than as a character, where he's supposed to stick out, he's like the large red target on their back). I think he fits pretty well in the established world.

• Like 2