Cmasterclay

Precursors 2016! Winners and Nominations

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ah ok, I thought this tweet meant he saw it:

i actually listened to his podcast because of this shit and he was interviewing peter debruge who had seen silence and debruge literally says some shit like "silence is good but frustrating. it will not win best picture."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

If it weren't for Gibson, I would actually have more confidence in Hacksaw Ridge being a major player (as it stands, I think it's getting a few tech noms and Garfield being nominated for it instead of Silence). That said, if it manages to breakthrough, I'm not looking forward to all of the "think pieces" about how the disgraced black actor/filmmaker (Nate Parker) and his contender (Birth of a Nation) were sunk by his controversial past while the disgraced white actor/filmmaker (Gibson) and his movie (Hacksaw Ridge) got a free pass. Which is totally an AMPAS thing to do.

13 hours ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

To be fair, I also heard BOAN isn't that good.  But at the same time, it is a little ironic.

To be fair though, Parker's case seems worse than Gibson's (Not saying Gibson's isn't bad.  I almost didn't see Hacksaw Ridge because it, despite thinking it looked really good.  I didn't see Parker's because it wasn't playing near me and I didn't have enough interest to)

Well, for better or worse, Gibson has had 10 years to put some distance between his incident(s), and Parker's is still fresh (not the actual incident, but the public's full knowledge of it, of course.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Well, for better or worse, Gibson has had 10 years to put some distance between his incident(s), and Parker's is still fresh (not the actual incident, but the public's full knowledge of it, of course.)

Those tapes were 6 years ago.

weird how they haven't announced an oscar host yet. they need someone good this year looking to have a lot of "no1curr" nominees. even with martian/mad max/revenant and leo last year they were like the second lowest rated ever. is the rock available?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

weird how they haven't announced an oscar host yet. they need someone good this year looking to have a lot of "no1curr" nominees. even with martian/mad max/revenant and leo last year they were like the second lowest rated ever. is the rock available?

I wouldn't mind if they went hostless this year. It's a gig that nobody seems to want to have, especially when if you bomb (like NPH did), you get heavily ridiculed.

Edited by filmlover

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wouldn't mind if they went hostless this year. It's a gig that nobody seems to want to have, especially when if you bomb (like NPH did), you get heavily ridiculed.

The nominees are looking to be pretty slight in terms of box office and there ain't any story to really make people care, as Coolio said. This would not be the year to go hostless. 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

The nominees are looking to be pretty slight in terms of box office and there ain't any story to really make people care, as Coolio said. This would not be the year to go hostless. 

Considering how some of these last couple of hosts have faired (NPH, MacFarlane), I feel like their wouldn't be much of an impact if they did. Plus, there's the issue of actually getting someone to agree, I remember when it was revealed that NPH was the fourth person they approached after the previous people passed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Considering how some of these last couple of hosts have faired (NPH, MacFarlane), I feel like their wouldn't be much of an impact if they did. Plus, there's the issue of actually getting someone to agree, I remember when it was revealed that NPH was the fourth person they approached after the previous people passed.

Yea, Julia Louis Dreyfus had actually agreed to do it but fell through at the last second. And Schumer was all set to cohost with Chris Rock. Both of those have to be back in the mix. Louis CK is apparently a favorite but as much as I'd love that I just don't see it happening. But honestly, this is easy. Both Kevin Hart and The Rock have lobbied for the job. They're both huge stars. We know they are friends that have good comedic chemistry. Just give them the cohosting job, if it works with their shooting schedule. Seems like a no brainer to do. They're the biggest stars in the running, they both actually want to do it, and we know they work together. 

Honestly I am 90 percent sure it ends up being Kimmel. He works for ABC and apparently they were very impressed by him hosting the Emmys. I don't think he moves the needle, but he's a safe choice and that's who they will pick. 

Edited by Cmasterclay