Cmasterclay

Precursors 2016! Winners and Nominations

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Bitter that a ghettoized category isn't rewarding Cap 3?

I'm bitter about the Ghetto period (The Lion? Give me a break CC Weinsten hoes) but it's like stuffing Best Documentary into the Animation Ghetto.  Category fraud  It's like when Golden Globes sets up a Comedy/Musical category and stuffs it with the dramas and dramatic performances that don't fit in the drama categories.  Just stop having the categories if you don't want to honor those genres.

Then there's that category fraud bullshit that we see already shaping yup for the Oscars with Patel and Viola David in supporting because their studios don't think they can break into Lead - which just steals a spot from true supporting performances.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Best Director
David Mackenzie (“Hell or High Water”)

Best Supporting Actor
Ben Foster (“Hell or High Water”)

Best Acting Ensemble
“Hell or High Water”

Best Actor in a Comedy
Ryan Gosling (“The Nice Guys”)

Best Actress in a Comedy
Kate McKinnon (“Ghostbusters”)

Fuck yes. Especially Mackenzie and Foster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm bitter about the Ghetto period (The Lion? Give me a break CC Weinsten hoes) but it's like stuffing Best Documentary into the Animation Ghetto.  Category fraud  It's like when Golden Globes sets up a Comedy/Musical category and stuffs it with the dramas and dramatic performances that don't fit in the drama categories.  Just stop having the categories if you don't want to honor those genres.

Then there's that category fraud bullshit that we see already shaping yup for the Oscars with Patel and Viola David in supporting because their studios don't think they can break into Lead - which just steals a spot from true supporting performances.

Davis is supporting though. Her character in the play is not a true lead.

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yet she won the Best Actress Tony.

And people called it category fraud when she was nominated there.

The original actress in that role won for the Tony version of supporting actress.

Edited by 4815162342

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

maybe i've seen jeff bridges as the gruff texas lawman and ben foster as the crazy loose cannon one too many times. i thought chris pine was the best of that cast.

Me too.

Although the real MVP of the movie was the waitress in the steak restaurant. I demand a spinoff with just that character. :lol:

• Like 2