Noctis

Tuesday Numbers: Moana $2.17m | Beasts $1.8m

3 hours ago, James said:

It is also a 39% drop from last Tuesday, which marks the first time when a November Wizarding World movie dropped under 40% through this point. The number itself, 1.8m, is also the best among all November Potter movies, defeating the previous record: HP1's 1.4m. Of course, Tuesdays are getting bigger and bigger, but still. 

FB is destroying DH1 in dailies and also beat it by far over the past weekend. That one added more 50m after the post-Thanksgiving weekend, but had some ugly drops. For example, for this coming weekend, it dropped over 50%, making 8.4m. FB will do waaaaay better than that. FB is also beating GoF in dailies and will probably do it over the weekend too. That one added 60m aftre the post-Thanksgiving weekend. But even assuming it makes only 50m more, it would still mean 233m by the end of it's run. And I think it will hold better than that. 240m will happen.

I agree with you. Everyone keeps making excuses for when FB will go back to have the typical frontloaded nature of a HP film, but it's clear people are treating Fantastic Beasts as an original tentpole. 

$1.2 million 

$1.25 million ($188.5 million) 

$3 million (since DH1 had to face Narnia 3 its 4th weekend, I think FB will have a stronger Friday bump)

$5.4 million 

$3.6 million 

$12 million 4th weekend (roughly a 33% drop from last weekend; $200.5 million 24-day total) 

A sub-30% drop this weekend wouldn't shock me and would likely put it on pace for $235 million-$245 million DOM. Excellent legs considering the competition. 

2 hours ago, yjs said:

last Tuesday Moana had +36.4% jump from Monday whereas Tangled's Mon-Tue increase was mere +19.6% and Frozen even had -0.2% decrease. (btw Tangled's drop was -26%, not -20%)

and Tangled's Thursday the same week was at $1.1M after its $1.05M Mon and TS2's Thu was $1.26M after its $1.34M Mon, so predicting Moana to fall below $1M on Thursday after its $1.42M Monday and additional 60% Tuesday increase is beyond me.

honestly why do I even bother explaining all this to you when you already made up your mind that "Moana is a failing bomb" as you announced on the Moana thread. Literally the only thing you've done here so far ever since you joined here is to prove yourself by putting every negative spin possible to Moana's run. Troll.

At this point, people should accept Moana will likely develop strong legs, even with Rogue One and Sing coming up. 

$20-23 million 3rd weekend would be solid ($146-149 million 17-day total). Overall, November's lineup looks surprisingly well-rounded. Nothing will end up at $300 million+ DOM (instead, 3 films in the $220-270 million DOM range) and there'll be two mid-level hits as well (Arrival and Trolls). 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, James said:

...FB is destroying DH1 in dailies and also beat it by far over the past weekend. That one added more 50m after the post-Thanksgiving weekend, but had some ugly drops. For example, for this coming weekend, it dropped over 50%, making 8.4m. FB will do waaaaay better than that. FB is also beating GoF in dailies and will probably do it over the weekend too. That one added 60m aftre the post-Thanksgiving weekend. But even assuming it makes only 50m more, it would still mean 233m by the end of it's run. And I think it will hold better than that. 240m will happen.

Yeah. I posted in the FB thread yesterday that,

if 3rd weekend onward FB follows MJ2 it will do 235 dom.

DH1 legs 3rd weekend onward will give it 238.

CF legs will give it 245.

MJ1 will give it 248.

It is beating DH1's trending handily and despite Rogue One around the corner should keep it's nose ahead to touch 240.

Am expecting low 240s dom, which is great after a 74 ow.

• Like 3

Exclusive: Kaleidoscope buys distributor Platform Entertainment

Hit Japanese TV series 'The Last Cop' to get film adaptation

DCM takes over Everyman Cinemas contract from Pearl & Dean

46 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I'm personally still hoping that FB passes PoA's total to avoid being the lowest-grossing Wizarding World film. :) 

As much as I loved FB, it really sucks that the lowest-grossing Wizarding World film, PoA, is arguably the best of them all.

So I wouldn't mind if FB stopped ar 245m. Besides, as we defenders of its performance say, IT IS NOT A HARRY POTTER MOVIE! So it can afford being the lowest- grossing. Anyway, i think the next one will really break out, so no matter.

Moana's holds seem to be crazy good 4-5 days of the week, but then it just can't quite keep up with Frozen holds on a few days (like this past Sat and Mon). But I think it's obvious it's getting a leggy run. How leggy remains the question. Definitely hope it beats Frozen's third weekend hold since it won't have anywhere near Frozen's 4th weekend hold since that was the Xmas weekend for Frozen. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

I still dont like the author / stories... = bad description of a wanna-be-dom and so on

‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Tickets Go On Sale Two Months Before Release; New Trailer Drops

Superb hold for both films - to the idiot (and thats what you are) going after @yjs, better luck next time - because your behavior is trolling no matter if you think it not. (And to clarify this does not come from a Moana fanboy either.)

Everything is on track to beat my expectations - Moana chugging along toward that 250m mark and FB is looking good for at least 235m barring the bottom unexpectedly dropping out of it.

Hoping for just as great increases for the rest of the films, of course evened out by the huge drop today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Yeah. I posted in the FB thread yesterday that,

if 3rd weekend onward FB follows MJ2 it will do 235 dom.

DH1 legs 3rd weekend onward will give it 238.

CF legs will give it 245.

MJ1 will give it 248.

It is beating DH1's trending handily and despite Rogue One around the corner should keep it's nose ahead to touch 240.

Am expecting low 240s dom, which is great after a 74 ow.

I think it's safe to say that this will not follow MJ2  trajectory considering that falls seem to be much better . This Tuesday must be slightly higher than MJ2's which did 1.79m Also, MJ2 had to compete with TFA. R1 seems nothing compared to TFA...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Superb hold for both films - to the idiot (and thats what you are) going after @yjs, better luck next time - because your behavior is trolling no matter if you think it not. (And to clarify this does not come from a Moana fanboy either.)

Everything is on track to beat my expectations - Moana chugging along toward that 250m mark and FB is looking good for at least 235m barring the bottom unexpectedly dropping out of it.

Hoping for just as great increases for the rest of the films, of course evened out by the huge drop today.

And knowing our forum, when everything drops big to even out the big increases, everyone will freak out again.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

Man Open Road films are great at giving their actual numbers early.

during weekdays usually by far the first. Weekend sometimes on #3  or so.

The huge time-difference between the studios is, why I asked recently if anyone has an idea where the accounting centres of the distributers are located (time zones), that might be a reason for the differences too or...

early weekend prediction from deadline (for the newer members, deadline is often very off)

Office Christmas Party ...tracking has this $45M production opening between $13M-$15M at 3,100 locations...

Moana will remain atop.... north of $18M. Through yesterday, the movie counts $123.4M.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is looking at a fourth FSS that’s $11M-plus, ...

La La Land ...looking at a per theater of at least $75K at each of its five New York and Los Angeles locations per industry projectoins. We hear that advance tickets sales at the Hollywood Arclight alone have topped $100K.

Miss Sloane ..to approximately 1,600...s between $2.5M-$5M.

Nocturnal Animals ...rom 127 sites to 1,260. Through yesterday, the movie totals $2.87M

Jackie into five more markets –Washington DC, San Francisco, Boston, Toronto, and Phoenix– as well as adding more bookings in New York and Los Angeles. The Pablo Larrain biopic has a five day cume in five sites of $325K.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/office-christmas-party-la-la-land-moana-weekend-box-office-1201865842/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Moana's Wed drop last week after the huge Tues bump wasn't too bad. Should be another 35-40% drop. 

It had a 37% drop after a 36% surge, so I wonder if tomorrow we'll get to see an apocalyptic 60% drop that'll bring such joy to certain people here. :P

• Like 4