POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

Frasier deserves to be in the discussion as well. Especially the early seasons with the Niles/Daphne tension. 30 Rock, too.

Also, its not on the same level but Moonlighting was really, really good for a while. A young Bruce Willis had tons of charisma and the chemistry with Sheppard was great. Really creative, too, like the episode done entirely in iambic pentameter. Thinking back, it had some early, primitive aspects of the meta-playfulness of Community.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Eh, I think Seinfeld is longer-lasting and also holds up better, but it may come down to personal taste. I don't have much interest in watching a random Friends ep on reruns, but I'll still occasionally watch a Seinfeld here and there. 

I think it's the young vs old divide anyone younger and the 90s or born in the 90s would prefer friends Seinfeld seems to be more popular with older people. In my college at least no one watches Seinfeld but everyone has seen friends 

7 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Parks and Rec is definitely one of the greatest of all time. We'll have to wait and see if it's one of the ones that really holds up, though.

Is that the one with the blooper scenes on YT with Chris Pratt demolishing e.g. a light switch and a monitor? Someone posted that then in GotG I think.

I never really thought about it before this thread (as in how to name / define it), but I am not into what I think you all call sitcom at all.

But as I am not into comedy in general, so no real surprise probably. I am laughing a lot in RL, but feel cringy whilst watching so... not natural feeling comedy. Might be because I am face-blind and as such look mostly on body-language and other details, too me all that feels 'fake'. Or if the main comedy is based on hectic reactions to whatever happened, never taking a breath and clearing the situation with a bit of communication. For me that is only exhausting to watch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Is that the one with the blooper scenes on YT with Chris Pratt demolishing e.g. a light switch and a monitor? Someone posted that then in GotG I think.

Yeah, probably.

I feel kinda bad for Pratt. He's probably going to go through his entire career and never get a role that's as good a character or as well written as Andy Dwyer in Parks & Rec. All his starring roles in movies so far? They pale in comparison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I never got into MASH but for a long time it was the highest rated sitcom ever.  

MASH was brilliant how it could flip from humour to the horrors of war. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Frasier deserves to be in the discussion as well. Especially the early seasons with the Niles/Daphne tension. 

Niles and Daphne are my favorite onscreen couple...I was in a similar situation in my younger days although I never got the girl...

tumblr_n3n4t7zUwv1rkloubo1_250.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I never got into MASH but for a long time it was the highest rated sitcom ever.  

that is a sitcom too?

Okaaay, that one I watched (I think during its late first run here, starting in 1990), but not all episodes nor all seasons. I think the later seasons I didn't watch at all, only maybe the half of season 1 to 3 each or so. I bought the complete series a few years back on DVD to try to watch it in the original language, but did not start to do so yet.

• Like 1