Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

5 minutes ago, Highever said:

In my opinion, they have to utilize a mind wipe. ...Questionable storytelling perhaps, but it preserves some Star War canon. 

I hope that they realize her force display is problematic. I know the internal continuity people at Lucasfilm do. We'll see how much of a say they have. I also know JJ Abrams wasn't thinking of continuity when Rey pulled that lightsaber away from a telekinetic expert.... never having performed telekinesis before. 

That could do it, complete amnesia of how she knows everything.

Also don't mind those who laugh at you for talking sense, they're just sensitive, anything negative about sws sends them spinning in their chairs!

“[‘The Force Awakens’] was a bridge and a kind of reminder; the audience needed to be reminded what ‘Star Wars’ is, but it needed to be established with something familiar, with a sense of where we are going to new lands, which is very much what 8 and 9 do. The weird thing about that movie is that it had been so long since the last one. Obviously the prequels had existed in between and we wanted to, sort of, reclaim the story. So we very consciously — and I know it is derided for this — we very consciously tried to borrow familiar beats so the rest of the movie could hang on something that we knew was ‘Star Wars.'”  -JJ Abrams

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

The opening to TTT is possibly the greatest opening ever.  Definitely wasn't expecting that in December 2002.

Oh my god, yes it was. I saw the mountain and then heard the voice and I was like, what the hell is this? And then we went down the rabbit hole. That is the perfect film to me.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

The clip I saw was a good quality cam version, but good quality cam versions still suck, theres no way I'd sit through an entire movie like that on my computer screen.

I agree, just wait for a high quality rip

I believe that they've been coming out sooner as of late

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

The clip I saw was a good quality cam version, but good quality cam versions still suck, theres no way I'd sit through an entire movie like that on my computer screen.

Well, they're pretty much DVD quality which is unacceptable in this day and age :lol: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That could do it, complete amnesia of how she knows everything.

Also don't mind those who laugh at you for talking sense, they're just sensitive, anything negative about sws sends them spinning in their chairs!

“[‘The Force Awakens’] was a bridge and a kind of reminder; the audience needed to be reminded what ‘Star Wars’ is, but it needed to be established with something familiar, with a sense of where we are going to new lands, which is very much what 8 and 9 do. The weird thing about that movie is that it had been so long since the last one. Obviously the prequels had existed in between and we wanted to, sort of, reclaim the story. So we very consciously — and I know it is derided for this — we very consciously tried to borrow familiar beats so the rest of the movie could hang on something that we knew was ‘Star Wars.'”  -JJ Abrams

Lol, I'm as big a Star Wars fan as anyone else here. But, let's just say, the less I think about TFA, the more I like Star Wars.  lol

• Like 1

Just now, Highever said:

Lol, I'm as big a Star Wars fan as anyone else here. But, let's just say, the less I think about TFA, the more I like Star Wars.  lol

Careful you might get branded as a star wars hater! I've only ever said good things about episode 1-6 but they think I hate them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's why I'm considering getting it the day of release :kitschjob: I don't want to miss out on a good edition and have it absent in my collection. Then again, the TFA steelbook is still available.

You didn't like R1?

20 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Didn't like the TFA steelbook but I bought it anyway. CJohn would have been proud.

I am proud. I am not of a fan of that steelbook either :lol: