Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Btw expect tonight to be hampered by the snow in the northeast a bit. At my theater tonight fell below our expectations for turn-out to the point where we cancelled a 2 AM IMAX show.]

Do theaters really turn off showings when no one buys tickets to see them?

Also does anyone forget that Rey was ALREADY skilled at weapons before the events in the FA.  How do we know this?  Look at her first fight with a weapon.  I'm not talking about her fight with Kylo, but how she had that fight when first running into Finn and how he was shocked how she knocked him off his feet so fast and dispatched those two other guys with her staff.  Now think how hard is it to pick up a lightsaber and fight with it if you have previous years of experience with a staff..

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Btw expect tonight to be hampered by the snow in the northeast a bit. At my theater tonight fell below our expectations for turn-out to the point where we cancelled a 2 AM IMAX show.

Oh didn't anticipate that. Checked the Toronto screenings and it all seemed okay. I do expect the Pacific Northwest to be hampered though. Battling a snow storm today and tomorrow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, riczhang said:

Oh didn't anticipate that. Checked the Toronto screenings and it all seemed okay. I do expect the Pacific Northwest to be hampered though. Battling a snow storm today and tomorrow. 

Yup I skipped going today in Portland because of the weather :/

34 minutes ago, Highever said:

I will reply to this in about 12 hours or so. Be ready. 

:WHATanabe:

Do we really need more Rey vs The Force vs Luke vs Destiny vs Balance vs Powers vs Logic vs Foreshadowing discussions? 

Jesus Christ...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Yeah it happens a lot at mine at least. If we don't get enough tickets sold we cancel the showings.

5 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

What happens to people who do book tickets to those showings?

They're gonna get readmits/refunds

The only time we have EVER done that is if we've gone aggressive and scheduled an 11:00pm(our "normal" last show is 10:30ish) or later show, and it's only sold like 5 tickets.  But that's pretty rare. 

You'll get a lot of upset guests that way so we tend to not do that unless it's REALLY not worth it.  

But, every theater is different. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

They're gonna get readmits/refunds

The only time we have EVER done that is if we've gone aggressive and scheduled an 11:00pm(our "normal" last show is 10:30ish) or later show, and it's only sold like 5 tickets.  But that's pretty rare. 

You'll get a lot of upset guests that way so we tend to not do that unless it's REALLY not worth it.  

But, every theater is different. 

I'm not in management so yeah it's not something I've had to handle, I just hear it 2nd hand mostly.

9 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

:WHATanabe:

Do we really need more Rey vs The Force vs Luke vs Destiny vs Balance vs Powers vs Logic vs Foreshadowing discussions? 

Jesus Christ...

No, not particularly. 

Best just to ignore it and move on, I say. :)

• Like 3

I was under the impression that with the advent of digital screens projection had become more or less automated. Around here they start a promo program about fifteen minutes before the advertised showtime and it runs right into the trailers and feature. I've been in pretty empty theaters a lot and never had to deal with a cancelled showing.

• Like 2

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I was under the impression that with the advent of digital screens projection had become more or less automated. Around here they start a promo program about fifteen minutes before the advertised showtime and it runs right into the trailers and feature. I've been in pretty empty theaters a lot and never had to deal with a cancelled showing.

There's more then just the projectionist involved with keeping the movie going.