Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

will just say again it's amazing how one guy invented his own random definition for a term and actually goaded you dummies into debating it. astounding. it would be like me rolling in and saying "bananas aren't fruits. fruits are round. everyone knows that. it's obvious" and people actually took me seriously enough to argue.

That argument would not be an event. Nice try though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

iwvsltr.gif

Hilarious thing, BTW.  When I first saw this gif, I said to myself, "Strange.  I don't seem to recall THAT scene from LOST."  Kept wracking my brains trying to remember what epsiode it was from.

It wasn't until later I found out it was Ryan Reynolds, not Matthew Fox. :rofl:

But it just fits so perfectly into both LOST and Fox's type of scenes he had in it, that I still can't but help think it SHOULD have been from it. :ph34r: :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Allright then.

With the actuals these are the final results :

Blue underligned : WINRAR (congratulations bapi)

Blue : Very Close (+/- 5M)

Green : Close (+/- 10M)

Yellow : Meh (+/- 20M)

Red : Bad (+/- 30M)

Pink : LoL (Worse)

OW

@JohnnyGossamer 215M

@Gokira2012 214M

@theStun 190M

@WrathOfHan 190M

@grey ghost 190M

@MCKillswitch123 185M

@SWXII 185M

@Yandereprime10189 180M

@EmpireCity 180M

@Daxtreme 180M

@Biph Shmata 175M

@robertman2 175M

@That One Guy 175M

@Porthos 175M

@DAR 175M

@RascarCapat 174M

@feasby007 172M

@DAJK 171M

@junkshop36 170M

@The Futurist 170M

@ecstasy 170M

@Wrath 170M

@nilephelan 168M

@Ethan Hunt 168M

@Marek the Jedi 166M

@druv10 165M

@Claudio 163M

@Heretic 160M

@Jayhawk 160M

@bapi 155M

@Jake Gittes 154M

@Jay Hollywood 152M

@Blankments 152M

@Arlborn 150M

@Gokai Red 150M

@Water Bottle 150M

@a2knet 149M

@angeldelmito 146M

@The Panda Knight 145M

@Captain H 145M

@jb007 145M

@CJohn 141M

@CoolEric258 140M

@TalismanRing 140M

@Goffe 140M

@Rallax 135M

@Kalo 135M

@hasanahmad 125M

@Baumer 125M

@RandomJC 120M

@Dexter of Suburbia 115M

@Truckasaurus 112M

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao, @EmpireCity has been gloating all this time when his official prediction was indeed just as off as mine. I was at $130m, he was $180m. Man, what a pretentious boob. 

Your Winter Game entry on Thr says otherwise. :ph34r:

(I also think EmpireCity lowered his number as well just before release)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Your Winter Game entry on Thr says otherwise. :ph34r:

(I also think EmpireCity lowered his number as well just before release)

My official prediction was 128m, as you can see if you scroll down to the bonus questions. That's also what I put in the winter game pre-season, so I was consistent about it for months. I was off by a mere 2m more than he was and he wants to think he has bragging rights. I'm dying of laughter right now. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

My official prediction was 128m, as you can see if you scroll down to the bonus questions. That's also what I put in the winter game, so I was consistent about it for months. I was off by a mere 2m more than he was and he wants to think he has bragging rights. I'm dying of laughter right now. 

You're dying of laughter for being wrong. Sometimes, you need to let things go.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

will just say again it's amazing how one guy invented his own random definition for a term and actually goaded you dummies into debating it. astounding. it would be like me rolling in and saying "bananas aren't fruits. fruits are round. everyone knows that. it's obvious" and people actually took me seriously enough to argue.

But you'd be right, because everyone knows bananas are jaundiced dicks.

• Like 4

As a counselor / psych in training this whole board is interesting, not just the massive group think or the petulant have to be bad bad boys mixed in with the insecure have to make the world know my opinion is the only way stereotypes that abound. Tis why it's like a family. That being said my ignore list has continued to grow after years of inactivity. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

That Sunday hold for Moana is amazing. Totally saved the weekend hold. Looks like Sunday was under estimated for many flicks. 

I am thinking the weather might have been better at some hours than feared?

• Like 1

On December 13, 2016 at 2:19 PM, EmpireCity said:

Alright, here is my "official" prediction.  

Everything I have access to coupled with data from others like @Rallax and other sellout reports shows this isn't in the same realm as Deadpool or Suicide Squad that opened at $130m range.  It also is outselling BvS and even Civil War.  I will say what I can see can tend to look stronger than certain areas or depending on the movie.  That was the case with Fantastic Beasts where it over-indexed compared to the overall number.  

With that said, I am going to go with $178m opening and $570m overall.  Think there is still a Holiday factor that will keep the opening slightly lower, the fact it isn't overly family friendly and competition from movies like Sing that will take away families.  I want to go higher to above Civil War level, but there is also some cold weather that will hurt matinees.  Being conservative.  =)

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

My official prediction was 128m, as you can see if you scroll down to the bonus questions. That's also what I put in the winter game pre-season, so I was consistent about it for months. I was off by a mere 2m more than he was and he wants to think he has bragging rights. I'm dying of laughter right now. 

MM: 1. Predict Rogue One's OW. 127.588m

EC: $178m

Actuals: $155.08

MM: -27.493

EC: +22.92

Both of you were off by quite a bit.  But let's not split hairs, you were more off than he was.  By a little more than 4.5 million, in fact. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2