Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

@MrPink will be happy (or in this case probably sad) to hear that I may not have gotten the Dunkirk trailer before Rogue One last night but did get it before Collateral Beauty today.

Actually, he should see that movie. Everyone should. A true you-have-to-see-it-to-believe-it trainwreck.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Oh my god, a nostalgia driven film from the biggest established franchise ever in NA return for form with the first sequel in 33 years with the trio returning outgrossed a original film (no established franchise, no known character, no film stars) by 93M in adjusted gross , I am so impressed?

In addition, I am talking about the Re-run of Titanic in China, so unless a re-run of TFA in North America signifciantly outgrossed Avatar's entire gross or something, your comparison is completely unmatched! You're making it sound like Avatar (high grossing film domestically from 2009-2015) did really bad domestically?

In even further addition, it is not like TFA is widely regarded as a better film than Avatar here in NA (unless in China, where Avatar is perceived as a much superior film), let's not forget, Avatar was nominated for 9 Oscars, including best director and best picture, best picture by Producers Guild (PGA), best director by the Directors guild of America (DGA), while winning best picture and best director at Golden globes. TFA on the other hand, missed pretty much all best picture nomination, and lost best visual effect to Ex Machina :lol:(the only award TFA had a realistic chance of winning).

I'm sorry the idea that Chinese people are stupid for liking Avatar makes me mad (you did not make this statement, but the person I replied to did.)

Is this a Cameron worship post?  Not interested in reading tyvm

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Is this a Cameron worship post?  Not interested in reading tyvm

I don't care if you read it or not, facts are facts.

Keep on refusing to entertain the thought that even in NA (where Star Wars is infinitely tolerated), Avatar is regarded as a better film by industries and film professionals.

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

I don't care if you read it or not, facts are facts.

Keep on refusing to entertain the thought that even in NA (where Star Wars is infinitely tolerated), Avatar is regarded as a better film by industries and film professionals.

"Industries and film professionals" why does TFA have a higher RT score then?

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Gosh, that is a crazy Thursday. haha 

So if we go with $47m today for your theater, that's a 36% increase. :o

Yup :)

I mentioned earlier matinees were playing like a kids movie (very strong). I doubt but I hope actual box office mirrors this somewhat.

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Oh my god, a nostalgia driven film from the biggest established franchise ever in NA return for form with the first sequel in 33 years with the trio returning outgrossed a original film (no established franchise, no known character, no film stars) by 93M in adjusted gross , I am so impressed?

In addition, I am talking about the Re-run of Titanic in China, so unless a re-run of TFA in North America signifciantly outgrossed Avatar's entire gross or something, your comparison is completely unmatched! You're making it sound like Avatar (high grossing film domestically from 2009-2015) did really bad domestically?

In even further addition, it is not like TFA is widely regarded as a better film than Avatar here in NA (unlike in China, where Avatar is perceived as a much superior film), let's not forget, Avatar was nominated for 9 Oscars, including best director and best picture, best picture by Producers Guild (PGA), best director by the Directors guild of America (DGA), while winning best picture and best director at Golden globes. TFA on the other hand, missed pretty much all best picture nomination, and lost best visual effect to Ex Machina :lol:(the only award TFA had a realistic chance of winning).

I'm sorry but the idea that Chinese people are stupid for liking Avatar makes me mad (you did not make this statement, but the person I replied to did.)

pK1Gn.gif

• Like 4

Just now, DAJK said:

Yup :)

I mentioned earlier matinees were playing like a kids movie (very strong). I doubt but I hope actual box office mirrors this somewhat.

Your theater seems to be an outlier. Outperformed the national performance for Thursday by 57%. If something similar happens today, we would be looking at a 23% increase overall. 

• Like 1