Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Lol @ 250 being "dead" for Moana when it just had an insane hold this weekend next to every other holdover, even Arrival dropped 50% and it seemed infallible to such a drop. 

Assuming that R1 estimate holds, I'm about 75% certain it finishes over 450. But 90% certain it finishes below 500. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, Blankments said:

Reading through this thread right now, but the anti-Indie/Drama sentiment that pops around Christmas time is by far the worst thing about Star Wars moving to Christmas

That's why you like the posts that say "Fuck off"   :qotd:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Reading through this thread right now, but the anti-Indie/Drama sentiment that pops around Christmas time is by far the worst thing about Star Wars moving to Christmas

It does not help when most of them are oscar bait and bad films.

They just attention as they are 'dramas' 

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Well, I am going to be extra excited for La La Land, Fences, Manchester, A Monster Calls, and Patriots day.

• Like 2

"This is a massive opening and the second-best by a wide margin. And it sets us up in a perfect way for the lucrative holiday period ahead," said Disney distribution chief Dave Hollis. "It is a litmus test for what these stand-alone movies can be, both from a story perspective and a commercial perspective." 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-rogue-one-clears-155m-collateral-beauty-bombs-la-la-land-957284?utm_source=twitter

• Like 3

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

It does not help when most of them are oscar bait and bad films.

They just attention as they are 'dramas' 

The Oscars is actually not that predictable.

This year was going to be a "Silence vs Billy Lynn vs Birth of a Nation",  now it is turning into "Moonlight vs La La Land vs Manchester by the sea".

all three are widely well received films by critics and audiences alike.

1 hour ago, hw64 said:

TFA was very poorly-received in China. A lot more people know Star Wars now, sure, but a lot more people think it's shit.

I guarantee it won many fans and has had a year in the secondary market to win many more. I think it is a mystery how it will perform. I am optimistic.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Rogue One is already the 15th biggest domestic release of 2016 after 3 days :ph34r: 

12   Moana   BV $161,858,745 3,875 $56,631,401 3,875 11/23 -
13  Star Trek Beyond   Par. $158,848,340 3,928 $59,253,211 3,928 7/22 10/20
14  X-Men: Apocalypse  Fox $155,442,489 4,153 $65,769,562 4,150 5/27 7/28
15  Rogue One: A Star Wars Story  BV $155,000,000 4,157 $155,000,000 4,157 12/16 -

Out of like but I like your post.

How much do I have to donate to the site to get likes ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

I guarantee it won many fans and has had a year in the secondary market to win many more. I think it is a mystery how it will perform. I am optimistic.

Have you done any analysis on this - for example, looking at Chinese social media sites, looking at buzz, reviews, etc.?

Or is this baseless speculation from a fanboy?

• Like 1