Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

2 billion is basically the new 1 billion. The box office climate has changed so much overseas in the last 10 years. 10 years ago there were about 3 films that managed to hit 1 billion. Now there's 26 and most blockbuster franchises are pretty much expected to pump out 1 billion dollar hits. Potter and LOTR would have been beasts in today's box office climate....as they were 15 years ago with their legendary 1 billion dollar grosses.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

France Numbers

Rogue One first day :

271 502 admissions.

8th Best Day of 2016.

- 56% from Force Awakens.

a lot better than I thought after some reactions here (I know I know, its BOT)

(edit: and I did see the minus before the 56%)

Edited by terrestrial

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Well based on these early OS numbers much like WWII the US will have to come to the rescue.....again..........:ph34r:

OS moviegoers are dumping Felicity... Queen Ridley or nothing :ph34r: 

It would have never worked out anyway!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

So with the OD estimates from Russia Rogue One actually made even less than 1/3 of TFA...

While the other overseas numbers may be indicative of how this will do  around the world and in the USA, Russia is irrelevant.  TFA wasn't really that big there and wasn't well liked which is obviously not the case in most countries. 

• Like 2