Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

19 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

Scott Mendelson :mellow:

'Batman V Superman,' 'Gods Of Egypt,' And The Underrated Movies Of 2016

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/15/batman-v-superman-gods-of-egypt-and-the-underrated-movies-of-2016/#c7ccfca7c2ab

Oh boy, he's really stretching it with some of the comparisons he's making.

• Like 1

3rd Writethru 9:29PM: Updated with audience reactions 

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-preview-box-office-social-media-1201871704/

the first round of audience polls tonight from ComScore PostTrak shows an overall postive score of 88% to Force Awakens’ 94% last year. Overall moviegoers’ recommend rate is at 77% which is still strong despite Force Awakens carrying an 88% thumbs up. Slightly more females turned up this time around for Rogue One compared to Force Awakens: 38% to 29%, while guys were still dominant at 62% (Force had 71%). Men enjoyed Rogue One more than women, 94% to 79%. Despite any notoin that Rogue One is a darker film, 90% of all boys under 12 will recommend it to their friends, while 84% of all girls will pass the good word around about Jyn Erso.

• Like 1

There are no words for how much I hate this man:

3e5a27e61b5ba41027550e86587a7bad.jpg

Only this hack could take a franchise as full of life and energy as Star Wars and completely suck every shred of entertainment value from it. This is one of the longest, driest films I've ever had to sit through. From the first five minutes things felt deeply wrong to me for a Star Wars film, and it was all downhill from there. My mind wandered the whole film, and the last hour was nothing but desperate measures peeking at my phone to gauge how much more I had to sit through. There are literally about 5 minutes total of worthwhile footage in this hollow void. If this has amazing or even good WOM I may vomit. FUCK GARETH EDWARDS

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Only this hack could take a franchise as full of life and energy as Star Wars and completely suck every shred of entertainment value from it. This is one of the longest, driest films I've ever had to sit through. From the first five minutes things felt deeply wrong to me for a Star Wars film, and it was all downhill from there. My mind wandered the whole film, and the last hour was nothing but desperate measures peeking at my phone to gauge how much more I had to sit through. There are literally about 5 minutes total of worthwhile footage in this hollow void. If this has amazing or even good WOM I may vomit. FUCK GARETH EDWARDS

Probably time to vomit then.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I liked this more than TFA... better get the bucket ready.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Probably time to vomit then.

Next to no audible laughter in my screening, and that is not a hyperbole. No applause at the end. No one I went with gave it better than an "it was OK." I know I'll be far from the only one underwhelmed by this lifeless trudge. Maybe everyone won't hate it as much as me, but this is not going to be a WOM movie. Furthermore, the only reason the critics like it is because of an ending that breaks the blockbuster "norm", until you realize that you already know the ending if you've watched the OT, so there go any points for that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think its pretty flawed but its not Godzilla.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Next to no audible laughter in my screening, and that is not a hyperbole. No applause at the end. No one I went with gave it better than an "it was OK." I know I'll be far from the only one underwhelmed by this lifeless trudge. Maybe everyone won't hate it as much as me, but this is not going to be a WOM movie. Furthermore, the only reason the critics like it is because of an ending that breaks the blockbuster "norm", until you realize that you already know the ending if you've watched the OT, so there go any points for that. 

Sounds pretty scientific.

Some guy walked out saying it  was the Best Star Wars movie he may have even seen (and I'm not joking), but I shrugged that one off. We got a fairly hearty applause at the end. Plenty of laughs at most of K2's lines and some of Donnie Yen's dialogue.

All in all, I take it to mean next to nothing. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 6

Just now, MrPink said:

Sounds pretty scientific.

Some guy walked out saying it  was the Best Star Wars movie he may have even seen (and I'm not joking), but I shrugged that one off. We got a fairly hearty applause at the end.

My theater got hearty applause at the end as well but I'm wondering if it was for the whole film or the last 5 minutes

• Like 2

Just now, Ozymandias said:

My theater got hearty applause at the end as well but I'm wondering if it was for the whole film or the last 5 minutes

I'd imagine it plays a part into it, but you never know. I run into clapping all the time at movies.

Like Transformers: Dark of the Moon. 

• Like 1

Anecdotally, a bunch of guys at my work saw it last night and they had nothing but good things to say about it. Except one guy who said a cosplayer sat next to him and smelt really bad so he had trouble paying attention.

• Like 1

Always one of my favorite parts of impressions. Someone doesn't like the movie, says their audience of course didn't like it either. Tries to use this as evidence that WOM won't be good. 

I mean, just reading on this site, people saying they loved it and their audience loved it. I'm seeing it on other boards as well. Just like TFA last year, though probably not as batshit crazy insanely good WOM but still very good, Rogue One will have great legs. The Star Wars revival on the big screen continues unabated. 

• Like 5