Ezen Baklattan

BOT DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY! (Results Now Posted! Thank you for participating!)

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

@terrestrial You were born between 1958-1960. Right?

I am really thinking about answering this, see BKB..... O.K., I'll answer it:

Spoiler

I think you have one detail wrong or I formulated it badly (it's a bit silly, but I really hope BKB does not read in this thread, he was farer away than you with your conclusion)

= 18x3 = 54y = that would mean born '62 or '61 is also possible. In theory 1957 is also still possible btw, but that year I'll exclude now. I say yes to 1962-1958.

When my younger brother was born as JFK was still alive (JFK got killed 22 Nov '63), he can't be younger than 53 now. Me being not a twin to him, let's say 10-11 months minimum between... siblings birth date possible per nature (excluding early birth scenarios, we were both not early birth kids) in theory that hint would even include a born in '63 possibility, if born lets say early January.

But:

As my birthday is given here at BOT (22 August) = not born in 1963.

To work part time whilst still going to school s not excluding certain years... and some people start school early, some late.

If I remember it right BKB is born '64, but that I am for the moment not totally sure about. Might be +/- one year, but not older.

I hope it is not too silly a game to you, but it really was/is fun to see BKB sweat over the hints a bit ;) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, misafeco said:

BKB is the same age as my father then. :ph34r:

Steve Jaros said he is 52 last week - I think,

That's a second member here having your dad's age ;) Extremely OT about my hubby, who is 10y older even as those 2:

Spoiler

My hubby is 62, and he still rocks, now IMHO even more than maybe 20 years back. People often think he is 15y+ younger. There are a few articles in newspapers about him here, they add the age here for that.

I was repeatedly in this situation: I am buying e.g. groceries nearby where he works, people coming up to me and saying: 'That has to be a typo...' being totally shocked.

He had to repeatedly show his ident.-card to people not believing it.

He plays in a band also...

I think its funny like hell, as he was always... nearly hysterical not wanting to be 40 then as he felt that is so old.

It was really over the top, till I told him I know a possibility to not be 40. He looking hopefully to me - me: I am killing you know, than the grave stone will say: he wasn't 40. I did the speaking... like in a bad film, he laughed so hard....

Now I get him used to the next mark by telling him and people 2 years or more early: he will be soon XY old. Stress over it = over.

We have a surprise child (means doctor said no child, was wrong) we got rather late, was always an old mom at the parents-teacher days, I am guessing he is a bit younger than you.

IMHO age alone can mean more experience... to a degree. But that does not mean every older person has more experience or was able/willing to observe and learn out of those possibilities.

I've encountered younger ones who had lived through strange ordeals,.. have an over average observation or deduction skill or... and show way more analytical or humanity ability than the most old ones and the other way around too.

And still or beside that it is fun to tease especially BKB with it.... (I am childish this way, see e.g. but he started 'it')

• Like 1

18 hours ago, terrestrial said:

in the first post there is thos added

Books, Sports, Video Games, Music, Musicals, TV Shows, Podcasts

= maybe given in the row of ...?

but that is one description less than ... however the lines are called. I am guessing 'others'

The missing age group might be in the area the arrows implicate exists (1/2), it is not clickable (for me)

I's really like to know how many starting 50 year olds gave their answer, any chance to get that too?

@Spaghetti by the Sea

Yeah, that was supposed to be each row. 

There are 10 people over 50 in the poll!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Why are you reluctant to give us your age? I don't really think anybody cares that much one way or another how old you are.

Usually I do not care too.

BKB and I had strange discussions about females, 'age-live-views', rape, racism, life, Ferguson (sp.?) and... that started what I call for myself the BKB age guessing game. I want to wait till he is back, maybe he already forgot, who knows, to me it's a simple fun.

23 hours ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Really nicely done.  Thanks for doing this.

I'm surprised there's actually quite a few people in my age group that frequent here.  I know BKB is older than me, and all jokes aside, @Grand Moff Tele is actually about 5 years younger than me, but I had no idea there were that many 40+ year olds here.  

Yas I love daddies. 

On 1/1/2017 at 4:08 PM, iceroll said:

I'm surprised it's only 70% straight, that's much lower than the general population.

So many fabulous people on here ;)

Most studies have 1-10% of the population is LGB. So it is pretty surprising that we have a large LGB population. 

Interesting results. Didn't expect 43% to be students :o 

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:08 AM, iceroll said:

I'm surprised it's only 70% straight, that's much lower than the general population.

So many fabulous people on here ;)

16 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Most studies have 1-10% of the population is LGB. So it is pretty surprising that we have a large LGB population. 

The age-old notion that under 10% of the population is non-straight is patently false. As we become a more open and 'tolerant' society it has become alarmingly clear that most people do not fit into the "exclusively heterosexual" category i.e. 0 on the Kinsey scale.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I know since latest the '90 about 10% to and 15% to 30%+ LGB results. If done by people without ... for this too often questionable financial or... sometimes not very obvious backing. Depends - I think - also how absolute the questions are presented, and how variable the possibilities of the answers are. And how neutral the 'style' of the formulations is. 

To give a hypothetical question:

a Christian gets asked: are you one of those who will end in the deepest hell... or hinted at horrible assumptions, like children... = exaggerated to show the point, I am sure some people wont answer 100% yes or 100% no, if there are negative wordings included. Including and/or especially in the spoken words of 'helpers' for the surveys.