Alli

Thursday numbers (Asgard) R1 16.9,Sing 9.8,Pass 3.1, Ass 2.8 (pg6)

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

The last time I saw a movie on Christmas Day was Marley and Me. And it was the last/only time I remember crying at the movies. I WEPT. I didn't care. 

Same here. It really wasn't a good way to finish off the holiday with your family. Although my dad couldn't believe the rest of us were crying over a dog in a movie. I had just finished reading the book so it felt even more emotional to me. 

4 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Same here. It really wasn't a good way to finish off the holiday with your family. Although my dad couldn't believe the rest of us were crying over a dog in a movie. I had just finished reading the book so it felt even more emotional to me. 

Me during Eye in the Sky: "It's very sad that that little girl is going to be collateral damage, but they NEED to fire right now. So many lives are at stake!" 

Me during Eye in the Sky when the dog walks into the scene: "HOLD EVERYTHING DO NOT FIRE WHAT'S AN EXTRA 30 SECONDS GOING TO CHANGE WAIT TILL THE DOG IS OUT OF THE KILL ZONE!" 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Me during Eye in the Sky: "It's very sad that that little girl is going to be collateral damage, but they NEED to fire right now. So many lives are at stake!" 

Me during Eye in the Sky when the dog walks into the scene: "HOLD EVERYTHING DO NOT FIRE WHAT'S AN EXTRA 30 SECONDS GOING TO CHANGE WAIT TILL THE DOG IS OUT OF THE KILL ZONE!" 

So I guess Marley countered the Jen Aniston factor? :lol: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

How exactly is it I've never truly noticed Tele's sig before now? When she opened her eyes at me I about fell off the chair. :ph34r:

Just be glad Tele didn't have THIS lady in his sig:

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-1981-Indiana-Jon

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I truly don't understand what some people don't get about a movie that made 3m on a Saturday Xmas eve obviously jumping much bigger than a movie that will make 12-15m on the 24th? Again, King Kong is the best comparison we have because it was making more than Game of Shadows. Yet it was still making a mere 4.5m on Xmas Eve Sat and only hit a 94% jump. If that type of a pattern from Game of Shadows to King Kong held, R1 could jump as low as 50% on CD based on how big it will be grossing. I think it will be around 75% personally. Could see something like 22-13-23 for the weekend. 

You're post is worst case scenario for RO.

33%+ jump on Friday, 40% drop on Saturday and only 75%+ increase on Sunday. Honestly, if it drops 40%+ on Saturday then Sunday jump will be way more than 75%. It doesn't have toxic WOM, like you're protraying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

33%+ jump on Friday, 40% drop on Saturday and only 75%+ increase on Sunday. Honestly, if it drops 40%+ on Saturday then Sunday jump will be way more than 75%. It doesn't have toxic WOM, like you're protraying.

he is right. Movies that are big grossers and those boosted by IMax/PLF tend to increase less over the weekend. Last year for TFA I remember seeing 180-200m predictions for 2nd weekend when the weekdays were out of the world. Its inevitable that it will slow down.

4 minutes ago, druv10 said:

You realize 40%+ drops are the norm for Xmas eve Saturdays right? It doesn't need anywhere near toxic WOM. In 2005 and 2011 there were some that dropped closer to 50% on Xmas eve. And keep in mind yet again, none of these films were posting huge numbers so drops should have been lighter. 

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

he is right. Movies that are big grossers and those boosted by IMax/PLF tend to increase less over the weekend. Last year for TFA I remember seeing 180-200m predictions for 2nd weekend when the weekdays were out of the world. Its inevitable that it will slow down.

We'll see, he's been wrong from day 1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, druv10 said:

We'll see, he's been wrong from day 1.

Ok then...but explain to me how 40%+ drops aren't the norm for Xmas Eve Saturdays? All I did was give it a little worse CD increase than normal when it falls on these days because of how much higher the gross will be than anything in a comparable year.

Edited by MovieMan89

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ok then...but explain to me how 40%+ drops aren't the norm for Xmas Eve Saturdays? All I did was give it a little worse CD increase than normal when it falls on these days because of how much higher the gross will be than anything in a comparable year.

I'm not worried about your Christmas eve drop, it's the 75% increase on Christmas when Sherlock jumped nearly 150%. I could believe 100% since it's making nearly 3 times as much but not half the jump since RO has followed Sherlock quite closely so far.

• Like 1