FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

4 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

thats fair.  he was playing an iconic character that hadnt been in the film until that movie.  i just think the star wars brand is absolute PEAK right now and I think FOMO is a real thing that brings real money to the box office.  i think there are instances (Paul Walker's last FATF) where people who have had had no interest have gone to the movies for whatever reason.  I think its fear of missing out, they go because they think they should and they don't want to miss a cultural phenomoneon.  I think Episode 8 will have all of the backing of the fanbase an then some along with peak GA interest.  Just my opinion.  a 300 OW would really take something special but I think this now has a legit shot at outpacing VII OW.

Seems more likely to not drop as much as we expected, that is for sure. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I literally could care less what kind of effect Carrie's passing will have on VIII's gross right now. She's been gone mere hours and that's all some people can think of? 

Personally, I'm using it as a way of trying not to think too deeply about what this actually means to me. I'm kind of at tears right now, I'm at work. So I'm using speculation as a way to cope and all that, now that the general pain at work her passing causes has passed.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, fracfar said:

That's still a drop off from TFA, which runs counter to the people saying it'll gross $1bn.

Your estimate is very much possible. 

Well obviously $1b for E8 is highly unlikely (though not impossible. Never count SW out...)

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

God fucking damnit, that's the first thing I read today after waking up.

Legitimately only one celebrity's death has hit me on the same level, Robin Williams. Both were broken to me by my brother waking me up and telling me although he's never emotional about it. Awful day.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I literally could care less what kind of effect Carrie's passing will have on VIII's gross right now. She's been gone mere hours and that's all some people can think of? 

This.

I got my bipolar diagnosis six years. There's a handful of people in the celebrity world that have helped provide comfort, laughter, and perspective with the condition. None more so than Carrie Fisher.

Edited by Tau Ceti
  • Like 6

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Yes.

If we must talk about BO gross, there's not a single predict over 880 DOM in the Top 10 films for 2017 for Ep 8 before this news hit.  IIRC, there were only five or six at 800 or more.  

I don't think there are going to be THAT many people on the 1b bandwagon.

• Like 3