FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

imo how do people think RO won't be making another 100 million after Jan 2nd

Even with Harsh drops its happening easily. 

We're probably all too lazy to do a break down after Jan 2nd.

I wouldn't doubt it.

• Like 2

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

RO is locked to be the 4th biggest Ticket Seller of the Decade so far Domestically

After

SW7

JW

TA.

Dory will likely be higher in tickets sold, even if Rogue One outgrosses it by a bit.

With that kind of Monday, Rogue One might have a solid shot at second best 2nd week ever (currently Jurassic World with 149.6m). If the estimates hold, it would need an average of around 17.8m Tue-Thu to top that.

I guess if that would happen, it would also have a chance to reach a top 3 3rd weekend and 3rd week as well. Currently the third spots for those are held by The Avengers (55.6m) and Jurassic World (81.46m)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Joel M said:

The La La Land number seemed weak at first to me, but not really. It has already made 10m in 200 theatres by Sat. With a 3.7m Sunday if for the rest of the holidays follows

We Bought a Zoo

10+3,7+4,3+3,5+3,3+3,4+4+3,7+3,2+3,1= 42,2m by Jan 2

Girl with Dragon Tattoo

10+3,7+4,4+3+2,7+2,7+3,5+2,8+3,5+2,9= 39,2m by Jan 2

Those movies aren't great comparisons since they had 2000+ more theatres than LLL but it looks like La La Land will be close or over 40m by the time it goes wide. 100m looks more probable every day.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I stick by my belief that we'd be talking about 150M+ if they had opened it wide yesterday. Instead, I'm thinking 120M max (missing the holidays in 75% of markets is a foolish decision for a movie that doesn't need to build WOM)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I stick by my belief that we'd be talking about 150M+ if they had opened it wide yesterday. Instead, I'm thinking 120M max (missing the holidays in 75% of markets is a foolish decision for a movie that doesn't need to build WOM)

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but La La Land's Christmas Day opening in 733 theaters was 30% higher than The Imitation Game ($3.07M/747), which did not have as strong Oscar buzz as this one.

While I agree that it could've went wider, its run is still very strong. $120M+ can still happen.

Edited by BenedictL11

20 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Moana should be at $200 million by the end of the year and should gross $20-35 million more for a finish below TS2 at around $220-240 million.  Disappointing compared to the other animated hits, but another win for Disney.  It's LIKELY to be UNDER BH6 worldwide as well.  

Yeah the worldwide part has me baffled a bit but then it really could just be a cultural thing. Part of what makes predicting so hard lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, George Parr said:

With that kind of Monday, Rogue One might have a solid shot at second best 2nd week ever (currently Jurassic World with 149.6m). If the estimates hold, it would need an average of around 17.8m Tue-Thu to top that.

I guess if that would happen, it would also have a chance to reach a top 3 3rd weekend and 3rd week as well. Currently the third spots for those are held by The Avengers (55.6m) and Jurassic World (81.46m)

Third weekend should be cooked since Rogue One will only be up or down 10% from this past weekend. As far as I am concerned it has as great a chance at 60m as it does 70m based on previous years performance. However, as noted by its day to day right now it is charting it's own thing so we shall see. 

22 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Moana should be at $200 million by the end of the year and should gross $20-35 million more for a finish below TS2 at around $220-240 million.  Disappointing compared to the other animated hits, but another win for Disney.  It's LIKELY to be UNDER BH6 worldwide as well.  

While its total is solid, I was definitely expecting a lot more especially overseas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

It's a shame stateside hasn't help up quite as well as it looked like cause 800m was there for the taking. 

Unfortunately, but its legs have been great. It's gonna have a 3x multiplier which is more than ANYONE thought it could do after its opening. 

• Like 6