FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

OK, I can see why Moana fans are lamenting its boxoffice. It's doing absolutely terrible overseas. Disney's "most progressive animated movie" is not connecting with those audiences and it looks like it opened everywhere save Japan. Yikes. Brave, another kick-ass chick animated flick, didn't set foreign boxoffice on fire either, 303M OS total is hardly impressive these days.

Yeah that's why -- the women are too big for their britches is a turn off Of course the female empowered and lead Frozen and Zootopia don't count. No one cared to see Inside Out either.

Wreck it Ralph did $281m O/S. Good Dinosaur $209m.

Maybe no romance means less interest from OS audiences?

34 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

lulz.  You're just as bad as MovieMan89.  Face it bruh, Rogue One is a motherfu**ing badass of a juggernaut.  It's gonna destroy every other movie in human history aside from FIVE.  I predicted 540 million at minimum and it's right on course for that.  It's "peers" are Dark Knight below and Avengers above.  And contrary to the popular opinion of your equally ignorant brother in arms, Rogue One is and always will be....an event.  

:)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll have to build a steady relationship with Kevin Tsujihara. He greenlights whatever Nolan, Eastwood, Affleck, and Yates want to do, so it's a surefire way for him to waste give me the money :) 

I'd probably greenlight whatever those guys wanted to do too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Your first post about this was a GIF of somebody doing an epic fail, something that R1 clearly isn't doing. 

I'm not sure what your point here is: that OS it's not as strong as domestic? I don't think anyone would argue that point. Nonetheless, there's a world of difference between that and the epic fail you suggested, no matter how you choose to interpret the OS weekend.

I know you didn't like it, and perhaps it's reasonable to argue the OS performance "should" be better (though there are so many variables), but to spin it the way you've been spinning it makes you look like you either don't understand the numbers or have a grudge against the movie.

That gif it was about the drop (the woman was nailing on pole dance and fell into the pool) and drop was high for a movie with "great WOM". That's the point.

33 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Sounds great! Who will you get to put up the 300m for production costs? :) 

After world renowned editor Tele attaches himself to the project, WrathOfHan gets a blank check 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

I just went through the last three pages and I see comparisons between Fantatsic Beasts and Rogue One as well as Harry Potter vs Star Wars. 

That has to be a joke right? There is no doubt that the Star Wars franchise is bigger than Harry Potter especially domestically. 

There also is no doubt that Rogue One is performing infinitely better than Fantatsic Beasts. For crying out loud didn't Rogue One's OPENING DAY make about as much as Fantatsic Beast did it's OW? 

Poor Rogue One. It's ONLY going to make a billion dollars. What a shame. Disney needs to try and fix things. Do better. Another billion dollar movie for them. How sad. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ldb said:

lulz.  You're just as bad as MovieMan89.  Face it bruh, Rogue One is a motherfu**ing badass of a juggernaut.  It's gonna destroy every other movie in human history aside from FIVE.  I predicted 540 million at minimum and it's right on course for that.  It's "peers" are Dark Knight below and Avengers above.  And contrary to the popular opinion of your equally ignorant brother in arms, Rogue One is and always will be....an event.  

Lmfao, you mean aside from like 90? ;) 

Swiss Family Robinson was bigger. :jeb!:

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ldb said:

This is what a BOMB do

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

@MrPink While we are doing crossovers, what if during the adventures of Geralt a spaceship carrying a certain cynical mercenary who can use the Force crash lands in the area.....

Wrong Gandalf, Harry. The death star was made by Tony Stark, it can't crash

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

I just went through the last three pages and I see comparisons between Fantatsic Beasts and Rogue One as well as Harry Potter vs Star Wars. 

That has to be a joke right? There is no doubt that the Star Wars franchise is bigger than Harry Potter especially domestically. 

There also is no doubt that Rogue One is performing infinitely better than Fantatsic Beasts. For crying out loud didn't Rogue One's OPENING DAY make about as much as Fantatsic Beast did it's OW? 

Poor Rogue One. It's ONLY going to make a billion dollars. What a shame. Disney needs to try and fix things. Do better. Another billion dollar movie for them. How sad. 

Saw wrong. Read whole the conversation before post this unnecessary text.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao, you mean aside from like 90? ;) 

Swiss Family Robinson was bigger. :jeb!:

Adjusting via ticket pricing across time favors the olden movies. Adjust by real $$$ purchasing power and a radically different picture emerges. Moreover, back in the olden days, movies were kept in theaters for years on end, plus multiple re-releases. 

This is the way to adjust: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Tbh if you want to make a good video game movie, just hire Lord and Miller.  They made a fucking LEGO movie work of all things.  They can almost surely make a video game movie work.

Would Lego Star Wars count as a video game movie?