Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

Just now, Blankments said:

All the music categories are a mess. You guys were idiots for nominating La La Land for Soundtrack, giving it the win is probably the most moronic thing I've ever seen on this boards. It's NOT A SOUNDTRACK. IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ELIGIBLE. If any of you cared about the integrity of the awards, you should've voted Deadpool as #1, not because it's the best soundtrack, but because it was the ONLY ACTUAL SOUNDTRACK NOMINATED.

Likewise, you fuckers picked the worst La La Land song nominated, arguably the worst song in the movie, and also went with an "original" score that if, we or the Academy had any backbone, would've been disqualified.

Fuck.

I voted Popstar first because the forum was stupid not to nominate it in song. Plz don't kill me Blanks

Alright, another acting category!

Best Supporting Actress

Viola Davis

Fences

Naomie Harris

Moonlight

Rachel House

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Angourie Rice

The Nice Guys

Michelle Williams

Manchester by the Sea

And the winner is...

Spoiler

The Queen!

Viola Davis, Fences

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they were both on my supporting actor ballot i think they both manage pretty extraordinary performances in a short space of time (and i'd say to wrathofhan that the limited screentime is the exact reason why he has an impact later in the movie for me. his character really ripples through.)

I voted for glenn powll though cos lol why not. i'm bad at voting strategically. 

Surprised you say that about Holland. I mean, he's good and all, but Rhodes is really incredible IMO in the last small bit of time.

2 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Putting Zootopia on my top 25 was the easiest 20 likes I've ever gotten. They come buzzing like flies at the slightest sign of praise.

:ph34r:

Selfies are truly the easiest though.

I'd say posting pics of your kids, but I suppose there's the parenting aspect. :wintf:

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I voted Popstar first because the forum was stupid not to nominate it in song. Plz don't kill me Blanks

Popstar and Sing Street aren't ones I'd get mad over. They use their original soundtracks like actual soundtracks, i.e. picking excerpts of songs and figuring out where to place them via montage or non-full performances by their band. Moana and La La Land really don't have any right to ever have been in consideration.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i actually had deadpool near last (ahead of just sing street). an original soundtrack still a soundtrack don't gotta be a jerk-off about it. i don't even remember any songs in deadpool except the DMX tune anyway.

giphy.gif

Just now, Blankments said:

Surprised you say that about Holland. I mean, he's good and all, but Rhodes is really incredible IMO in the last small bit of time.

rhodes was a little too blank. what Holland does is excellent actually my favourite performance in the film. charismatic and heartbreaking. for me when he looks at rhodes after he plays hello stranger on the jukebox was the best moment of acting i saw all last year. there's sadness, longing, and a fear of rejection all in that one look. like years of his repressed feelings all pouring out. really well played.

• Like 1

Will Deadpool nab screenplay??

Best Adapted Screenplay

Eric Hessier

Arrival

Rhett Reece and Paul Wernick

Deadpool

David Birke

Elle

Taika Waititi

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Barry Jenkins and Tarell Alvin McCraney

Moonlight

And the winner is...

Spoiler

Eric Hessier

Arrival

02-Arrival-screenplay-draft-Eric-Heisser

• Like 4

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

All the music categories are a mess. You guys were idiots for nominating La La Land for Soundtrack, giving it the win is probably the most moronic thing I've ever seen on this boards. It's NOT A SOUNDTRACK. IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ELIGIBLE. If any of you cared about the integrity of the awards, you should've voted Deadpool as #1, not because it's the best soundtrack, but because it was the ONLY ACTUAL SOUNDTRACK NOMINATED.

Likewise, you fuckers picked the worst La La Land song nominated, arguably the worst song in the movie, and also went with an "original" score that if, we or the Academy had any backbone, would've been disqualified.

Fuck.

La La Land has a soundtrack? You can even buy it here: https://www.amazon.com/Land-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B01MYLDW20