Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

No, you are taking the awards too seriously. Like do you see me bitching that I wasn't even in FYC posts for Most Valuable Poster or Funniest Poster? I seriously swear it's like you guys don't appreciate the work I....I mean, just chillax and have fun. :)

Fwiw, I would've probably put you as #1 or #2 if you were nominated for MVP. I don't ever vote in the nomination part for forum or box office awards because I don't feel like I'm around here enough to do so. It was a snub.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm just glad I didn't have any #ethicsinthreadtitle goons infesting my Creed thread.

Looking up your Creed thread, there's nothing wrong with it. It's "Creed | Rocky Spinoff | ...". Likewise, if it was titled "Star Wars: The Last Jedi | Episode VIII | ...", I wouldn't mind either. It's completely different though to mess with the search function and/or CTL+F in a search for The L

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Huh? I don't see any cursing or inappropriate content in the thread title. There is actually no policy or rule that a thread must be named after the movie. Like I could rename the Logan thread "That Silly Wolverine Movie with the Little Girl" and it would be withing the rules/policy.

You know what I mean. There's an unofficial policy that we stick with the title it's being marketed as. Hence why we had a "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" thread and not a "Rogue One" thread. Or a "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" thread rather than a "13 Hours" thread. We stick to the name used in marketing because that is what is most relevant to box office.

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

People getting mad about thread titles is so much fun. The salt about Thunderbolt Ross in the Marvel threads is a good time for all.

Now that's silly, I agree with you there. Really stupid that people can't have fun with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i noticed the logan thread has "aka wolverine 3" in the title. uh-oh blanks, you better get over there and sort them out. 

Again it's irrelevant because anyone can still CTL+F "Logan" and find the thread. If we get a newbie on the board who CTL+F's "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" they're not going to be able to easily find the thread.

Just now, Blankments said:

Again it's irrelevant because anyone can still CTL+F "Logan" and find the thread. If we get a newbie on the board who CTL+F's "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" they're not going to be able to easily find the thread.

i don't think it's gonna ever be a hard thread to find man. like c'mon bro. literally all of your arguments are goofy.

• Like 3

Hell or High Water's entire cast was great, but Rogue One is a good choice. There were some performances in there that I really didn't see coming at all.

Update: Yes, Hell or High Water won something!

Edited by slambros

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

You know what I mean. There's an unofficial policy that we stick with the title it's being marketed as. Hence why we had a "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" thread and not a "Rogue One" thread. Or a "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" thread rather than a "13 Hours" thread. We stick to the name used in marketing because that is what is most relevant to box office.

Riiiiiight, suuuure.

Just now, Blankments said:

We must be consistent with this trilogy. TFA was only ever referred to as "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." This drama just spouted up because someone was too afraid that someone wouldn't get used to The Last Jedi quickly enough

Dude even your avatar is embarrassed by your desperately wishing to die on this hill. Let it go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

We must be consistent with this trilogy. TFA was only ever referred to as "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." This drama just spouted up because someone was too afraid that someone wouldn't get used to The Last Jedi quickly enough

Alright, time to announce Best Picture, I am going to do this by announcing 10 - 7, 6 - 4, and then 3 - 1.  This is the order they ranked after the preferential vote!

Number 10

Spoiler

Moonlight

There was a three-way tie for 9!

Number 9a

Spoiler

Manchester by the Sea

Number 9b

Spoiler

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Number 9c

Spoiler