Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

Just now, Blankments said:

THE TITLE OF THAT MOVIE IS STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, AND I WILL NOT BACK DOWN UNTIL JUSTICE IS SERVED AND THE TITLE IS FIXED

Seriously, don't compare this complaining here to that issue. The Last Jedi's thread title is actually probably one of the biggest problems in Box Office Discussion's policies right now. Ridiculously inconsistent with other rules on this board; it doesn't get to break the rules just because it's Star Wars.

i know it's a crazy ethics violation on this board where randos guess how much money movies make for fun. definitely stuff like this makes it more of a good time for everyone. thanks buddy.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
Just now, Blankments said:

You ain't lying, American Honey was my #1 soundtrack of last year. 

And maybe I'm taking these awards too seriously, maybe I'm not, but all I'm going to say is if it's literally just gonna be "Let's give a musical another easy award" then there's no point to us having a Best Soundtrack award because then it will always go to the winner of Best Song. It makes the award redundant in every shape, when we could have a different award like Best Breakthrough or something like that.

No, you are taking the awards too seriously. Like do you see me bitching that I wasn't even in FYC posts for Most Valuable Poster or Funniest Poster? I seriously swear it's like you guys don't appreciate the work I....I mean, just chillax and have fun. :)

• Like 6

Now for the award to the person behind the camera!  Will it be the man who makes Ethan Hunt jizz?  The man who blew up his balls?  Or the legendary director who he's be unsurprisingly silent about?

Best Director

Damien Chazelle

La La Land

Kenneth Lonergan

Manchester by the Sea

David Mackenzie

Hell or High Water

Martin Scorsese

Silence

Denis Villeneuve

Arrival

And the winner is...

Spoiler

Damien Chazelle

La La Land

damien-chazelle-la-la-land.jpg

• Like 5

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

THE TITLE OF THAT MOVIE IS STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, AND I WILL NOT BACK DOWN UNTIL JUSTICE IS SERVED AND THE TITLE IS FIXED

Seriously, don't compare this complaining here to that issue. The Last Jedi's thread title is actually probably one of the biggest problems in Box Office Discussion's policies right now. Ridiculously inconsistent with other rules on this board; it doesn't get to break the rules just because it's Star Wars.

Huh? I don't see any cursing or inappropriate content in the thread title. There is actually no policy or rule that a thread must be named after the movie. Like I could rename the Logan thread "That Silly Wolverine Movie with the Little Girl" and it would be withing the rules/policy.

And the last award before best picture...

Best Ensemble

Everybody Wants Some!!

Paramount

Hell or High Water

Lionsgate

Nocturnal Animals

Focus Features

Moonlight

A24

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Disney

And the winner is...

Spoiler

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!

tumblr_lry6qrMMPb1r2v6tdo1_500.gif

• Like 8

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Best Ensemble

Everybody Wants Some!!

Paramount

Hell or High Water

Lionsgate

Nocturnal Animals

Focus Features

Moonlight

A24

Disney

And the winner is...

Reveal hidden contents

You're fucking with me

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Best Ensemble

Everybody Wants Some!!

Paramount

Hell or High Water

Lionsgate

Nocturnal Animals

Focus Features

Moonlight

A24

Disney

And the winner is...

Reveal hidden contents

NDQ0OWY4MWI5NSMvcmNfN09MUHpxd2YtRGZDUlEz

Rogue One is not the real winner... Something must have screwed up with the ballots!

Here is the real winner!

Spoiler

Hell or High Water

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 9