Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

All the music categories are a mess. You guys were idiots for nominating La La Land for Soundtrack, giving it the win is probably the most moronic thing I've ever seen on this boards. It's NOT A SOUNDTRACK. IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ELIGIBLE. If any of you cared about the integrity of the awards, you should've voted Deadpool as #1, not because it's the best soundtrack, but because it was the ONLY ACTUAL SOUNDTRACK NOMINATED.

Likewise, you fuckers picked the worst La La Land song nominated, arguably the worst song in the movie, and also went with an "original" score that if, we or the Academy had any backbone, would've been disqualified.

Fuck.

La La Land does have songs in it as a soundtrack though, both of which I considered before voting for it as number #1 also in most cases you would be right on the musical end for score but there are entire segments that are completely Instrumental in La La Land, if the academy doesn't have problem nominating it why should we? So sorry blankments but I'd have strongly disagree, Moana and Sing Street on the other Hand, yeah you kind of have a point.  

3 hours ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

I guess That One Guy is a salty bitch then. *ba-tum-tiss*

BEST ACTRESS

The nominees are...

AMY ADAMS

Arrival

KATE BECKINSDALE

Love & Friendship

ISABELLE HUPPERT

Elle

TARAJI P HENSON

Hidden Figures

EMMA STONE

La La Land

Yes, my font/caps/colors are inconsistent. Deal with it. The BOFFY goes to...

Hide contents

No love for Kate, I see. That's just sad.

Still, thanks for hosting it @The Panda and @Spaghetti by the Sea

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2

Honestly, "Best Soundtrack" is such a vaguely-worded category that I see no issue with going for La La Land on the basis of all of its original songs. Now, if the category were renamed "Best Soundtrack Compilation" or "Best Use of Pre-Existing Music," it would be a different story.

I feel like I should let this go, but @KaloI get what you're saying but SING STREET has a lot more pre-existing material than La La Land does. Like the La La Land stuff is a one-scene thing, Sing Street is solidly throughout the music.

Thanks @The Pandaand @Spaghetti by the Sea for putting this together!

Edited by Blankments

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

And now for the Top 3 and the BOFFY winner for Best Picture!

Number 3

Hide contents

Arrival

Number 2

Hide contents

Zootopia

BOFFY Winner for Best Picture

Hide contents

La La Land

Damn those Zoo loving rascals came close. but in the end, Justice was still done for the best at least.

However, this is the real best song:

• Like 1

• Community Manager
24 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Damn those Zoo loving rascals came close. but in the end, Justice was still done for the best at least.

However, this is the real best song:

The one good song in the whole movie you mean.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn, Silence got really high.

I think Silence had a very high passion vote. Like not a lot of people saw it on the forums but everyone that did (or like a good portion) ranked it number one. 

Also, can we get the point tabulations for the movies? Curious to see how close some of the categories were .

49 minutes ago, riczhang said:

I think Silence had a very high passion vote. Like not a lot of people saw it on the forums but everyone that did (or like a good portion) ranked it number one. 

Also, can we get the point tabulations for the movies? Curious to see how close some of the categories were .

Tabulations would be hard to give.  Since it was preferential, I have the straight ballot, and then I only did the run offs until a movie was over 50% of the vote (as at that point I'd be wasting my time to keep going as the winner was decided).

You all should consider thinking outside the conventional box next time.   I worked very hard on my nominees list looking into 130 films and I found so much good stuff outside the convention.  Props to Rogue One for best ensemble though.  The ensemble was its strength.  A very well managed diverse cast.  One of the best ive ever seen

Just now, Matrix4You said:

You all should consider thinking outside the conventional box next time.   I worked very hard on my nominees list looking into 130 films and I found so much good stuff outside the convention.  Props to Rogue One for best ensemble though.  The ensemble was its strength.  A very well managed diverse cast.  One of the best ive ever seen

:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

You all should consider thinking outside the conventional box next time.   I worked very hard on my nominees list looking into 130 films and I found so much good stuff outside the convention.  Props to Rogue One for best ensemble though.  The ensemble was its strength.  A very well managed diverse cast.  One of the best ive ever seen

But Rogue One didn't win Best ensemble?

• Like 1