FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread (Dec-30-Jan 2nd) 3/4-day #s R1 49.5m/64.3m, Sing 42.8m/56.4m, Pass 16.15m/20.7m, Moana 10.97m/14.3m, WH 10.6m/13m, Fences 10m/12.7m

IMDb's top 10 most popular movies of 2016 doesn't include Rogue One.

IMDb's top 10 most anticipated movies of 2017 doesn't include Star Wars Episode VIII.

I mean... I don't care what your metric is, IMDb, but it's officially wrong. :qotd:

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

You realize this kind of news will only happen more frequently. All the stars and celebrities that rose with television/movies are just reaching old age.

I was going 'wow' on the exactly one year apart bit.  Even with more celebrities aging, that's still rather rare.

• Like 1

2016 wasn't a bad year at the box office. Movies wise there were 30 movies from 2016 that I liked vs 18 movies that I liked in 2015. While there were 2 from 2016 that I thought were ok versus none from 2015, and 9 movies that I disliked in 2016 vs 8 movies that I disliked in 2015. 

Edited by Maxmoser3

23 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Absolutely impossible right now because of the friday number

Not saying it will be right, but I think it is interesting to see the different predictions... and how they did not match or how bad the not match was. :)

In a way a lot of my posts are like a messenger brings news / updates

14 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

You realize this kind of news will only happen more frequently. All the stars and celebrities that rose with television/movies are just reaching old age.

It is about 2 actors famous for the same TV-series are dying at the same date, but with one year in between (each at 31 December, but one in 2015 and the other one in 2016)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

Man why are these post listed just December 31 instead of hours or minutes?

It should change to normal after a while... I think. I see it like usual, but here it is already half past 7 in the morning

Wasn't it the same last year 31. December to 1 January too?

I just want to point out if Lion increases more than 5% today, it will have its highest single day yet since it expanded to 500 theaters XMAS day.  Currently it is playing in 525 theaters and it was one of the few movies to increase on Thursday and still manage to have an over 40% increase Friday.  I am watching The Man Who Knew Infinity and Dav Patel is in it.  He is doing a good job and it has me thinking maybe he will get nominated for Lion to celebrate his body of work this year. (i have not seen Lion)

• Like 2