DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

I have no idea why anyone brought up the circus but since u did....

The circus is a barbaric place for animals and it never should have existed in the first place. Bears don't ride bikes naturally. Elephants are not meant to be kidnapped and tortured and used for our entertainment. Elephants and bears and whatever animals they have the circus are beaten into submission and scared to death and that's why they perform. To get an elephant to stand on 2 feet they use blow torches on the bottom other paws and that's what makes them stand up. Beyond the torture of the elephants and the Bears and the Tigers and the lions and everything else they also have no life. When they are not performing they are chained or caged for days and days upon end. The circus is a disgusting display of human ignorance and arrogance and the fact it is closing now is nice but it's also way way way overdue.

• Like 25

5 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Silence is definitely wayyyyyy too long. Almost fell asleep multiple times. I enjoyed it though. Need to think it over and watch it again in a year or so.

That's why you don't see the last showing of the day!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, franfar said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, man. I guess I was one of the last generation to see them.

edit:

But now that I saw @baumer's post, it could be interpreted as a good thing. But the circus isn't just animals. My favorite part involved human performers.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Lol what? Just because he watches movies illegally means he can't talk about the box-office? We all have access to the same numbers. 

Why comment if he doesn't contribute? Or support the industry? 

As I've said before: people who pirate movies and watch them on a crappy 36 inch tv in their bedroom don't deserve to have an opinion on the film. 

19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

As I've said before: people who pirate movies and watch them on a crappy 36 inch tv in their bedroom don't deserve to have an opinion on the film. 

Wake up to the reality that apart for uber blockbusters, most people watch a movie at home these days legally or illegally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wake up to the reality that apart for uber blockbusters, most people watch a movie at home these days legally or illegally. 

You sound exactly like me when I was 8 years old:

"MOM, I WANNA PLAY CALL OF DUTY WITH MY FRIENDS CAUSE THEY ALL HAVE IT."

She knew what was better for me and she didn't allow me to play it until I was 13.  Just like we know what's better for you and are advising you to stop fucking pirating movies and trying to justify your shitty actions.

You know it's bad when I actually had to compare you to 8 year old behavior.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Because he's interested in the workings of the box-office? 

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I have no idea why anyone brought up the circus but since u did....

The circus is a barbaric place for animals and it never should have existed in the first place. Bears don't ride bikes naturally. Elephants are not meant to be kidnapped and tortured and used for our entertainment. Elephants and bears and whatever animals they have the circus are beaten into submission and scared to death and that's why they perform. To get an elephant to stand on 2 feet they use blow torches on the bottom other paws and that's what makes them stand up. Beyond the torture of the elephants and the Bears and the Tigers and the lions and everything else they also have no life. When they are not performing they are chained or caged for days and days upon end. The circus is a disgusting display of human ignorance and arrogance and the fact it is closing now is nice but it's also way way way overdue.

Yeah, me and my family don't support any captive animal entertainment - from ZOO to sea parks to circus, etc. Captive animals, trained to do tricks or not, are not fun. That's sad. Don't give money to those forms of entertainment, folks! Let them disappear. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

You sound exactly like me when I was 8 years old:

"MOM, I WANNA PLAY CALL OF DUTY WITH MY FRIENDS CAUSE THEY ALL HAVE IT."

She knew what was better for me and she didn't allow me to play it until I was 13.  Just like we know what's better for you and are advising you to stop fucking pirating movies and trying to justify your shitty actions.

You know it's bad when I actually had to compare you to 8 year old behavior.

I am not going to take life advice from random people on the internet, who get worked up over downloading movies :lol:

As I said before moralizing won't stop piracy...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2