DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Fuckin A.

Water parks are just as bad.  Dolphins are slaughtered by the Japanese or Dutch or Norwegians and the ones that are left behind are sold to water parks for a life time of slavery after they have watched their family get cut open while they are still breathing.  

I agree about circuses and water parks but zoos are important and the animals there are treated really well. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A movie like this needs really good reviews and lacking that it has to be fun or exciting or have some edge or even a really good central performance.  It seems lacking on all counts.

Even so, it should have done better. It's not exactly a popular genre but the cast alone should have drawn in at least a few people. 5M is truly abysmal. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

Even so, it should have done better. It's not exactly a popular genre but the cast alone should have drawn in at least a few people. 5M is truly abysmal. 

The platform opening probably hurt it a bit allowing mediocre WOM to get out for a a few weeks pre wide opening. 

Then again very good WOM didn't help A Monster Calls when it went wide - though it didn't have nearly the same marketing budget as Live By Night.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Live by Night wouldn't have done well no matter where it opened, but I think it could've at least put up an okay $15M opening had it opened an April. The stench of "failed awards bait" is just too much to overcome.

Early September wouldn't be bad either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Early September wouldn't be bad either.

Taylor Swift's brother is actually in the movie, and Scott Eastwood was originally until he got cut from it. That should have told us right then and there this would be a flop. :lol:

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Lion was able to increase despite losing 25 theaters. Incredible :jeb!: 

it's a crowd pleaser. But it's distribution and marketing has sucked. i honestly think it would have potential for 100 million with better distribution and marketing. Too bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Taylor Swift's brother is actually in the movie, and Scott Eastwood was originally until he got cut from it. That should have told us right then and there this would be a flop. :lol:

A friend of mine already saw the movie.

Spoiler

He said Scott shows up in a photo:rofl: 

Just now, ban1o said:

it's a crowd pleaser. But it's distribution and marketing has sucked. i honestly think it would have potential for 100 million with better distribution and marketing. Too bad. 

It has a shot at 50M once Weinstein starts expanding it.

• Like 1