Impact

Best Picture predictions-2017!

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh shit, Glenn Close is getting career-best notices for The Wife :ohmygod: 

But does her movie have a distributor? If someone picks it up they would be wise to save it for next year.

Neon picked up I, Tonya by the way. Excited to see how they'll handle it.

Edited by filmlover

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But does her movie have a distributor? If someone picks it up they would be wise to save it for next year.

Neon picked up I, Tonya by the way. Excited to see how they'll handle it.

Not yet.

Neon is great news. They almost broke out with Ingrid Goes West, but it had no appeal outside of top markets. I Tonya won't suffer the same fate

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think at best allison janney is getting nominated and that's it. people seem to like that movie but it's not getting head over heels raved. too many note worthy vehicles for actresses for a margot nomination.

But what about Sebastian Stan? :sparta: 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tapley recently dropped word on Twitter about Globe category placements:

He'll be shocked if Last Flag Flying goes into comedy

Battle of the Sexes and Get Out might not be going comedy

Wonder Wheel could go either way

Last Flag could into Conedy but I believe they push for drama but you never know with the Globes. 

On 9/13/2017 at 8:25 AM, CoolioD1 said:

i think at best allison janney is getting nominated and that's it. people seem to like that movie but it's not getting head over heels raved. too many note worthy vehicles for actresses for a margot nomination.

She going to get nominated. 

After seeing mother!, I'm still keeping it in the four categories I've been predicting: Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Production Design, and Sound Editing (where I think it might win). I loved JLaw in the film, but it's a restrained performance most of the time and might be tough to break into the competitive Actress field.

Edited by WrathOfHan

mother!'s already proving to be too much of a love-it-hate-it affair and its likely to be low box office numbers are bound to come under scrutiny from the media (when it wouldn't have with any other actress besides Lawrence). Can't see it getting nominated for anything but a random tech nom at best at this point.