grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

48 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Every studio is reactionary, even Marvel...it's just that most don't let it show quite as much as the turmoil that Warner Bros. has been through the last few years, which has laid everything bare in the trades, etc.  

As I said, I’m not worried. Just looking for some consistency in the universe but with how many times WB has been sold in the last little while I’m not too sure you could do much better then Hamada has done tbh. And now with Zaslav, who even knows anymore. 

Hopefully this movie can be a moderate success so we don’t even have to have any of the other discussions. 

I feel like the reviews and reactions will make or break this one. It feels like the lead up to Eternals before the reviews just killed all the hype.

Venom (even with bad reviews) felt a bit more anticipated than this. However the Rock can bring in audiences.

I’m excited to see how this film performs though. It will be an interesting one to follow.

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

Does anyone know when we’ll be getting reactions to this? No info online really. 

I’m guessing next week?

I think it premiers in New York on the 13th. So that night I assume. I know some media saw it last night in Mexico. 

Just now, cax16 said:

I think it premiers in New York on the 13th. So that night I assume. I know some media saw it last night in Mexico. 

Ok cool thanks.

Has there been any idea of reactions or any leaked information with scoopers? I’m trying to find something but there seems to be nothing really.

11 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Ok cool thanks.

Has there been any idea of reactions or any leaked information with scoopers? I’m trying to find something but there seems to be nothing really.

It's tested pretty well, I even know someone who saw it back in December who praised the scale of the action and said that alone will be worth the price of admission.

15 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Does anyone know when we’ll be getting reactions to this? No info online really. 

I’m guessing next week?

Fan screening in Canada on the 13th and I think the NY premiere as well so we'll know more by then.

17 minutes ago, TheNextNolan22 said:

It's tested pretty well, I even know someone who saw it back in December who praised the scale of the action and said that alone will be worth the price of admission.

Fan screening in Canada on the 13th and I think the NY premiere as well so we'll know more by then.

Yeah even though it has a sort of generic feel to me, there does seem to be at least an epic scale here with some cool action.

That should at least please the audience just looking for an all out action blockbuster, which this seems to be.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Macleod said:

Every studio is reactionary, even Marvel...it's just that most don't let it show quite as much as the turmoil that Warner Bros. has been through the last few years, which has laid everything bare in the trades, etc.  

Studios are always on thin ice; they finance their movies through bank loans which leaves them vulnerable.

Of course a studio..or any bussiness is going to react to how a product does..if they did not, they would be bankrupt pretty damn fast.

I have no bias in favor of or against Black Adam, but always wondered about it being based on a fairly obscure DC charecter. Yes, Marvel has been able to make hits out of realtively unknown charecters.. "Guardians of the Galaxy",,but DC has not been able to do that. Might be happening again, It has a big name in The Rock, but even the Rock in not an absolute guarantee; he has had his failures.

The pic is very hot on tracking now, like a one-eyed giant in the land of the blind. Meaning there’s nothing else like it right now. The movie is strong with guys over and under 25, then women under 25, Latino and Hispanic moviegoers and families. If the pic exceeds $68.1M in its domestic start, it becomes Johnson’s best solo opening after 2001’s The Mummy Returns in which he had a cameo as The Scorpion King.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/dwayne-johnsons-black-adam-box-office-projection-1235135454/

My fellow Latinos pulling through the hype love to see it!

2 hours ago, belblazer said:
  Hide contents

DanielRPK (and others) confirmed that Cavill is on the post credit scene. Classic and more colorful suit + Williams theme.

I think it was on Patreon because I can't find on Twitter.

Spoiler

It's all over Twitter now lol fandom sucks

7 hours ago, belblazer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

4 hours ago, TheNextNolan22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I hope the Snyder fans raging about this on Twitter realize they are admitting that they don't give a fuck about Cavill or Superman but only the Snyderverse version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hide contents

I hope the Snyder fans raging about this on Twitter realize they are admitting that they don't give a fuck about Cavill or Superman but only the Snyderverse version

Spoiler

The fact that the top discussion in the last couple of weeks was if he would or should wear the black suit is... 💀

Like, who gives a shit?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 7:45 AM, TheNextNolan22 said:

If this performs even in the same vicinity as the first Venom, I'd consider that a win.

Agreed.

Black Adam is nowhere near as well-known compared to Venom; who is arguably one of Spidey's best known villian and has appeared in a strong grossing Spiderman 3...

I mean inflation aside, if Black Adam can open near Venom 1's figures domestically and worldwide (ex China) - would be a huge deal.