grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

On 8/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, Deuce66 said:

Hollywood Reporter's take on that "photo". I hope they release other images soon because this one is generating nothing but negative buzz, it looks awful, something a first week graphic arts student would put together.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rejoice-terminator-image-doesnt-include-any-men-1131539

It's not just about what's in the image, but what isn't.

Although the first image from next year’s Terminator revival reveals nothing new about the plot of the movie, it does suggest that the franchise might have rediscovered its heart after far too many years in the wilderness. How did it manage that? Well, just look at what’s in the image — or, really, what isn’t.

The image, tweeted from the official Terminator account this morning, shows (left to right) Natalia Reyes, Mackenzie Davis and the returning Linda Hamilton looking ready for battle as they approach the viewer, battered and bruised, with flaming and smoking wreckage in the background. It’s been lauded for the first opportunity to see Hamilton’s Sarah Connor since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but as welcome as that is, there’s another, less obvious, reason to get excited about the movie because of this image.

There are no men in the photo.

Under the control of franchise creator James Cameron, Terminator was always a story about a woman. There were obviously men in the movies Sarah’s son, John, is the Macguffin that gets the story going, after all, and there are both sidekicks (Hi, Kyle Reece! Hi, Old-School Terminator in T2!) and male threats — but at the center of it all, unmistakably, is Sarah Connor. She was the engine of resistance and change for the entire narrative and, for both of Cameron’s movies, the only character that really provided any emotional hook for the audience.

more in the article.

why would having no men in the photo get people excited? Sexist much 😂. ah well this has flop written all over it anyway

On 8/2/2018 at 11:48 PM, Box Office Theory Fan said:

I think she looks very much like a boy in the photo, maybe she playing a character who is no-gender at all? she is terminate afterall 

maybe if she's a robot but if she's human then she has to be one of the only 2 genders out there 

13 minutes ago, Elessar said:

People are so quick to write off movies these days, it has become comical. At least wait till the first trailer...

the last 3 have been getting progressively worse and worse. The early marketing for this is very similar to those terrible promo shots from genesis so for now i will write this off unless a trailer truly surprises me

Edited by Jessie

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

People are so quick to write off movies these days, it has become comical. At least wait till the first trailer...

I'm sure that same defense was used for The Predator too. Lets face it, success for this film is an uphill climb. The last Terminator movie that had a truly good reception came out all the way in 1991. And none since T2 have lived up to the box office hype. T3 did okay but was trounced by Pirates of the Caribbean. No, people shouldn't judge the film's quality without at least seeing a trailer but skepticism is warranted. Hell,  I'm a DC shill and still look forward to future films but due to a bad track record I'm not going to pretend that it's unfair to be skeptical of DC movies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

The early marketing for this is very similar to those terrible promo shots from genesis so for now i will write this off unless a trailer truly surprises me

Nothing is as bad as marketing for Genisys (theatrical trailers, posters, all...). Nothing!

Spoiler

fv5c1otxwas0u0pktwr2.jpg

"How to Save a Billion-Dollar Franchise" - apparently not like this :P

The new Terminator won't be as bad as Genisys, not a chance. From the very first Q&A with Cameron and Miller we can be sure that this film is developed by a men with passion, who love Terminator, and have some idea for the new story. Genisys smelled like shit from the early on, and - as Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke admitted - no one had a good time making this film, even its director. It was made only to build a franchise for Paramount and earn some money. But luckily it failed (which was obvious from the start point for majority viewers, including me).

I hope that the worst is behind us.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm sure that same defense was used for The Predator too. Lets face it, success for this film is an uphill climb. 

I'm quite a sceptic by nature but i'm willing to give any film a chance, especially a new Terminator movie, notwithstanding previous attempts to revitalize the franchise. It has new people involved, including James Cameron for the first time since T2, even if just as a producer / story consultant. It has nothing to do with films 3, 4 and 5. I want a first good Terminator movie since T2. I'm not willing to give up just yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

I'm quite a sceptic by nature but i'm willing to give any film a chance, especially a new Terminator movie, notwithstanding previous attempts to revitalize the franchise. It has new people involved, including James Cameron for the first time since T2, even if just as a producer / story consultant. It has nothing to do with films 3, 4 and 5. I want a first good Terminator movie since T2. I'm not willing to give up just yet.

Ah yes, Jamex Cameron is God and incapable of error ......

2 hours ago, Juby said:

Rumored production budget is . . . $255 million!

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/terminator-6-appears-to-have-biggest-budget-yet/

:sarah:

Hide contents

Can we already confirm PG-13 rating and the title of the biggest flop of 2019?

:whosad:

Who would green light a $255 million budget wh n the last 2 movies didn’t do that much?

On 10/1/2018 at 10:44 AM, Jessie said:

why would having no men in the photo get people excited? Sexist much 😂. ah well this has flop written all over it anyway

That article is dumb,  Terminator is an Arnie movie franchise.

p7764_v_v8_ab.jpgp13308_v_v8_ab.jpg

My plot prediction: 

Skynet doesn't declare all out war, or it sends back a Terminator to stop itself from doing so. It knows that all out war leads to its own defeat at the hands of tech-com, so it should logically try and prevent itself from making a mistake rather than trying to kill JC. 

I think this would tie in with what Jim has said about technology being here now, and not "in the distant future". 

9 hours ago, Juby said:

Rumored production budget is . . . $255 million!

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/terminator-6-appears-to-have-biggest-budget-yet/

:sarah:

Reveal hidden contents

I was sort of hoping Cameron would keep the budget on this down just to show the world he did not need to spend 150 Mill plus on every movie he makes (like what David Fincher did with GOne GIrl) but apparently Cameron  can't stop spending like there is no tomorrow on all his films.

Yes, I am aweare of how successful Caeron has been ,but when you spend that much on every movie you make you are playing Russian Roulette and sooner or later the gun will go off.

ALso increased my fear that Cameron is convinced that all you need to do to make a good film is spend a zillion dollars on the visuals.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ALso increased my fear that Cameron is convinced that all you need to do to make a good film is spend a zillion dollars on the visuals.

What a stupid thing to say for a filmmaker where the visuals were always in support of the story...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

What a stupid thing to say for a filmmaker where the visuals were always in support of the story...

And in the case of Avatar the story was not all that great.......

But talking with a Cameron fanboy is like talking with the member of a religious cult;Thr leader is God, is perfect, and can do no wrong.