grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

10 hours ago, Juby said:

Rumored production budget is . . . $255 million!

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/terminator-6-appears-to-have-biggest-budget-yet/

:sarah:

Reveal hidden contents

Does not even sound like $255 million, maybe even €255 millions :

One was worth two million euros and the other 255 million.

That would be $300m US, almost double the Genesys 158m budget.

I tend to agree that it seem rather large and it could have been just said has an expression to say a lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But talking with a Cameron fanboy is like talking with the member of a religious cult;Thr leader is God, is perfect, and can do no wrong.

I will not defend myself for loving his movies. His filmography speaks for itself.

That said, i try to be rather reasonable during conversations. You may have confused me with some of the other devotees here, which - i imagine - can get a little irritating when you find yourself on the other side of the argument.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

How involved is JC in this?

He's producing,and probably had a hand in the screenplay, so he's pretty heavily involved.

In fact, it's a interesting question just how much power MIller is going to have in post production (and how much Rordriguez has with Alits for that matter). Cameron certainly has the power, if he wants, to pretty much sideline them in post and do all the final editing of the film by himself;ie, Miller and Rogriguez's active involvement with the film ends when principal photography stops. That would be a throwback to the CLassic Hollywood studio system, where the producer often had charge of the film after principal photography was done; only a  few directors were able to cut their own films.

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I will not defend myself for loving his movies. His filmography speaks for itself.

That said, i try to be rather reasonable during conversations. You may have confused me with some of the other devotees here, which - i imagine - can get a little irritating when you find yourself on the other side of the argument.

I have enjoyed most  of Cameron's films, but the only ones I really love are the First Terminator and Titanic. In fact, Avatar I think is one of his weakest films.

His charetcers are often too one simplistic and he sees things too much in terms of black and white for my taste.

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Nah it is literally all dubalb lives for.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

And in the case of Avatar the story was not all that great.......

But talking with a Cameron fanboy is like talking with the member of a religious cult;Thr leader is God, is perfect, and can do no wrong.

wow someone is desperate for a bite 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

He's producing,and probably had a hand in the screenplay, so he's pretty heavily involved.

In fact, it's a interesting question just how much power MIller is going to have in post production (and how much Rordriguez has with Alits for that matter). Cameron certainly has the power, if he wants, to pretty much sideline them in post and do all the final editing of the film by himself;ie, Miller and Rogriguez's active involvement with the film ends when principal photography stops. That would be a throwback to the CLassic Hollywood studio system, where the producer often had charge of the film after principal photography was done; only a  few directors were able to cut their own films.

Yep on all that.

I'm also wondering if part of the reason the Avatar sequels were slow in getting started was because Cameron just got into working on reviving Terminator and spent more time directly involved with writing that last year...

I hope this Spanish actor is wrong and they cut the budget to max. $150 mln. Otherwise, this would be the third Terminator flop in 10 years. 

Does anyone know when they will move to shoot in US? Principal photography started in the beginning of June (or 29th May, I'm not sure), so they're shooting T6 much longer than Salvation or Genisys (over 4 month already).