grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

I'm sorry guys but that photo looks like Fear the Walking Dead or other TWD knock-off. Linda looks badass but the other 2 girls are awful, exactly the kind of Z people that populate TWD in zombie fodder roles. Horrible. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sorry guys but that photo looks like Fear the Walking Dead or other TWD knock-off. Linda looks badass but the other 2 girls are awful, exactly the kind of Z people that populate TWD in zombie fodder roles. Horrible. 

No need to apologuise, everyones in agreement that photo is garbage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Hollywood Reporter's take on that "photo". I hope they release other images soon because this one is generating nothing but negative buzz, it looks awful, something a first week graphic arts student would put together.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rejoice-terminator-image-doesnt-include-any-men-1131539

It's not just about what's in the image, but what isn't.

Although the first image from next year’s Terminator revival reveals nothing new about the plot of the movie, it does suggest that the franchise might have rediscovered its heart after far too many years in the wilderness. How did it manage that? Well, just look at what’s in the image — or, really, what isn’t.

The image, tweeted from the official Terminator account this morning, shows (left to right) Natalia Reyes, Mackenzie Davis and the returning Linda Hamilton looking ready for battle as they approach the viewer, battered and bruised, with flaming and smoking wreckage in the background. It’s been lauded for the first opportunity to see Hamilton’s Sarah Connor since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but as welcome as that is, there’s another, less obvious, reason to get excited about the movie because of this image.

There are no men in the photo.

Under the control of franchise creator James Cameron, Terminator was always a story about a woman. There were obviously men in the movies Sarah’s son, John, is the Macguffin that gets the story going, after all, and there are both sidekicks (Hi, Kyle Reece! Hi, Old-School Terminator in T2!) and male threats — but at the center of it all, unmistakably, is Sarah Connor. She was the engine of resistance and change for the entire narrative and, for both of Cameron’s movies, the only character that really provided any emotional hook for the audience.

more in the article.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, 75Live said:

:winomg:

so this thread has deteriorated into Mackenzie Davis (not the character) is a man now?

yeah, time to step away from this thread for a while

Woah. I don't even know who that is - legit thought it was a guy and didn't mean to offend anyone. My bad. Mackenzie is a man's name anyway, right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've never heard of Mackenzie Davis and I thought it was a man as well.  I had to google her to see that she looks nothing like a man in real life.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

Terminator 6: Overreaction.

You have

nt noted that overreaction to a photo or a trailer or a tweet is pretty much Standard Operating Procedure around here/

Fans are among the worst manic/depressive/bi polars on the face of the planet. It always "greatest thing ever" or " it going to suck bigtime" for a lot of people, with no inbetween.

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

I've never heard of Mackenzie Davis and I thought it was a man as well.  I had to google her to see that she looks nothing like a man in real life.

She was in the movie - The Martian that's where I first heard of her. Also she was in Blade Runner 2049.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

She was in the movie - The Martian that's where I first heard of her. Also she was in Blade Runner 2049.

Indeed, not sure what her role in Terminator is (Wiki says she is a soldier, a surprise wouldn't be surprising); but she just played a robot in BR2049.

MV5BMmM4MDYzZjktYTYxMC00MWUwLThjOTUtNWQ4

11 hours ago, scoobysaurus said:

Hamilton looks tired and the other 2 look out of place - especially the skinny white dude in the middle he's the stuff of nightmares. Looks like a poster for a low budget remake of The Walking Dead.

10 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I wonder if the girl on the left is the daughter of the people Sarah meets in Mexico in T2... and is the one in the middle John Connor

God that photo is bad. 

i'll admit i laughed

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scoobysaurus said:

Woah. I don't even know who that is - legit thought it was a guy and didn't mean to offend anyone. My bad. Mackenzie is a man's name anyway, right? 

yeah sorry, that came off way worse than I meant.  Just was having a bad day at work and this thread was going to crap and I let loose.

I apologize :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Indeed, not sure what her role in Terminator is (Wiki says she is a soldier, a surprise wouldn't be surprising); but she just played a robot in BR2049.

She wasn't a robot in BR2049, she was a hooker. :P

THR article :hahaha: