kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Raimi told Spider-Man and Green Goblin's origins in like 25 minutes, and at the same time he introduced several other main characters.

Here he has to introduce Chavez and...that's it. And introducing Chavez involves explaining the multiverse, which is what Wanda is after. The more we hear from this movie the more simple it seems. A chase through the multiverse with a cameo detour along the way.

This couldn't be less of an issue. I bet the movie is still too long.

I don't think it's a spoiler because it's in the 2nd trailer, but just in case

Spoiler

He has to introduce mutants. How much of it remains to be seen. Xavier is there, we know that for sure. That has to be explained. Likely Reed Richards in the Illuminati as well. There are also some rumors on House of M Wanda wiping out mutants and everything else.  

With that said, the above can be explained in 25 mins as well.

19 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

No Bruce Campbell? Booo

People on twitter are taking this way too seriously and making it a big deal, it's all so bizarre.

I trully hate this clickbait culture but i get it why it exists, but people should at least read the whole thing before having meltdowns like the ones i saw.

In the context, it looks like a storyline continuity that keeps changing, which makes sense since NWH was supposed to drop after this. 

We know NWH have to change tiny things in it's plotlines because of that and probably the same happened with DS2.

But still that are some people trully freaking out about how bad Marvel is, there are people fuming about the running time aswell.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The movie without credits, and its credits scenes, likely runs for 1 hour and 55 minutes or so. Kinda crazy but I trust Sam Raimi and Feige.

Affleck dreams of being in a movie this short. 😁

10 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Any great concept can be introduced in one line or two.  "I might be many different faces in many different places..."  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well

Spoiler

There was that easter egg in Wandavision with  the House Of M wine bottle label....

I disagree about Reed Richards, though. I doubt he will be in this. The Fantastic Four are no harder to introduce into the MCU then the GOTG or the Eternals were . THey will introduce the FF in their own movie, and bring in the Illumanti angle later, if at all.I would not be suprised if there is a name change, since Illuumanti is so connected with crackpot conspiracy theories nowdays.

But, yes, Introucing the X men will take some doing.

20 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

People on twitter are taking this way too seriously and making it a big deal, it's all so bizarre.

I trully hate this clickbait culture but i get it why it exists, but people should at least read the whole thing before having meltdowns like the ones i saw.

In the context, it looks like a storyline continuity that keeps changing, which makes sense since NWH was supposed to drop after this. 

We know NWH have to change tiny things in it's plotlines because of that and probably the same happened with DS2.

But still that are some people trully freaking out about how bad Marvel is, there are people fuming about the running time aswell.

Feige has always called the final shots in the MCU. I am sure Raimi knew that going in.

I keep on reading that  some of what Raimi orginally shot did not fit in with Wandavision, which was reason for the reshoots. Feige might have slipped up a little there.

The Running time fuss is idiotic. Raimi has always been a much more economic director in terms of time then many, He can get his points across much quicker then many directors can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah I mean America Chavez was suppossed to be on NWH and be a full apprentice of Dr Strange already, there are even official arts about that.

That is why Ned was suddenly a magic person, because America was not there anymore.

Edited by Fox20
  • Like 2

I do love Bruce Campbell. I do. His performance in Evil Dead 2 is a masterclass in physical acting.

But I don't...get it? There's always so much discourse about who he's going to play when his last roles in Raimi flicks were Guard/Waiter/Usher/Announcer. He's always a blast in his small roles, but people make so much out of so little. Dude popped up on the Doctor Strange 2 set for two days to film his cameo as 'Drunk Wedding Guest' and then left to go to his 281684th con to tell the same stories to the same people who have heard them 100 times before.

The worship is so bizarre to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is a big reason I peaced out of a lot of fandom and online discussion tbh, people flip out over the most ridiculous things both on the fan side and the ones who have an obsession with hating everything MCU on principle. And that's why I like to stay as spoiler free as possible, no point hearing things good or bad before the movie comes out, I just watch it and go from there.

I used to be hugely into spoilers a decade plus ago and used to also lose my mind over things that never even ended up happening. Took a while for me to learn my lesson but I'm much less stressed now. B) Particularly since some of the fake spoilers I've seen after something came out had me happy I dodged freaking out about it.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gamora said:

This is a big reason I peaced out of a lot of fandom and online discussion tbh, people flip out over the most ridiculous things both on the fan side and the ones who have an obsession with hating everything MCU on principle. And that's why I like to stay as spoiler free as possible, no point hearing things good or bad before the movie comes out, I just watch it and go from there.

I used to be hugely into spoilers a decade plus ago and used to also lose my mind over things that never even ended up happening. Took a while for me to learn my lesson but I'm much less stressed now. B) Particularly since some of the fake spoilers I've seen after something came out had me happy I dodged freaking out about it.

Totally agreed, is a very toxic environent overall, i always avoid entering in discussions because these fandoms are weird. 

But still even expecting the worse i always keep getting surprised about how people can freak out about the most stupid things. 

I remember people accusing Warner of boycotting Matt Reeves when The Batman was rated PG-13, i mean wtf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I do love Bruce Campbell. I do. His performance in Evil Dead 2 is a masterclass in physical acting.

But I don't...get it? There's always so much discourse about who he's going to play when his last roles in Raimi flicks were Guard/Waiter/Usher/Announcer. He's always a blast in his small roles, but people make so much out of so little. Dude popped up on the Doctor Strange 2 set for two days to film his cameo as 'Drunk Wedding Guest' and then left to go to his 281684th con to tell the same stories to the same people who have heard them 100 times before.

The worship is so bizarre to me.

It's just his  cameos are so much fun.

I think Army of Dankness is his signature performance, though.

'Hail to the King Baby!"

"As far as I can see you are king of two thinks, Jack and shit, and Jack just left town".

Classicl ines.

I also loved "The Adventures of Brisco Counry, jr".

18 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Totally agreed, is a very toxic environent overall, i always avoid entering in discussions because these fandoms are weird. 

But still even expecting the worse i always keep getting surprised about how people can freak out about the most stupid things. 

I remember people accusing Warner of boycotting Matt Reeves when The Batman was rated PG-13, i mean wtf

The internet has ruined fandom.

Fans used to have sense of humor and were the first to poke fun at the franchise they were fans of. Not any more.

It has also become just plain stupid. People will automatically believe any stray rumor that comes along.

Then their is the pure tribalism...it's all about  Us vs Them.

I gave up on fandom a long time ago.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Fans used to have sense of humor and were the first to poke fun at the franchise they were fans of. Not any more.

Unless you're a Sonic fan. Even SEGA mocks themselves.

Edited by Morieris