kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

On 1/3/2022 at 6:07 PM, Cap said:

I have no interest in discussing Wanda, out of my mutual truce with Legion, But she is without a doubt the biggest draw in the MCU right now. Her fans are Boisterous, passionate, and very very protective. I would not underestimate her draw. And I would suspect that there are some discussions going on about what They can and cannot do with her character in this movie due to that.

I would not go so far as that, but Wanda is certinaly a much more interesting charecter after Wandavision....because in the miniseires they had the time to really  flesh out and explore her charecter in a way they could not in the movies, with Wanda being in a ensemble. It also gave Olsen a chance to show her acting chops.

When she first appared in the trailer attached to the end of "Spidey:No Way Home"there was al ot of clapping and cheering from the audience at the showing I atteneded.

It is odd that Kate and Ashley's kid sister is the one with the career now.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, RiddlerXXR said:

Except it wasn't an "accident". It was more akin to driving drunk and killing someone. Your intention wasn't to kill anyone but it still happened. She didn't intend to torture someone but it still happened. She still should be punished for this. Even someone deemed mentally unfit to stand trial for their crimes would be locked away where they couldn't hurt anyone else.

I think they are going to go the Black Widow route.....Wanda now has a tab she wants to wipe clean as a major motivation.

I agree that Wanda has guilt,  but she also has extinunating chircumstances.

And I think that Agatha also bears a good deal of the blame.

Her real problem..which pops up time and tme agian..is a lack of self control and she makes a lot of bad decisiions.

Of course this is also true of Wanda in the comics..remember "NO MORE MUTANTS EVER?".

Spoiler

I wonder if theymight not be planning a reversal of that to bring the X men into the MCU?

Edited by dudalb

Wandavision remains Marvel's most popular and acclaimed show. Metacritic users voted it in top 5. Loki cracked Top 10. Nothing else managed to show in Top 15:

192 Succession (HBO)1,404bar2tbd Arcane (Netflix)805bar381 Mare of Easttown (HBO)682bar469 Squid Game (Netflix)658bar577 WandaVision (Disney+)584bar685 Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)446bar774 Loki (Disney+)432bar875 Midnight Mass (Netflix)381bar982 The White Lotus (HBO)380bar1096 What We Do in the Shadows (FX)319bar1173 Invincible (Prime Video)297bar1281 Hacks (HBO Max)279bar1392 The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)250bar1476 Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)227bar1591 It's a Sin (HBO Max)188bar

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/metacritic-users-pick-the-best-of-2021

So that's on top of getting real awards nominations and being the most voted on IMDB. There's no doubt that the character's stature exploded thanks to that show. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Like I said in an earlier post a couple pages back, it's having a real leggy run in terms of critical and audience reception.

Still holding strong even a year later.

It's also the reason why they can't do character assassination of Wanda in this movie. They're not dealing with a C- or B-tier character anymore (because let's be honest, she was before)

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Like I said in an earlier post a couple pages back, it's having a real leggy run in terms of critical and audience reception.

Still holding strong even a year later.

It's also the reason why they can't do character assassination of Wanda in this movie. They're not dealing with a C- or B-tier character anymore (because let's be honest, she was before)

iMHO Wandavision was the best series of the first year of the MCU on Disney Plus.

It has, of course, flaws..(I thought the first three "pure sitcom" episodes dragged at times)  but I really enjoyed it overall.

When they got to the 90's sitcoms, I thought there would be some kind of reference to Olsen's sisters,who, for the too young to remember were a big thing in TV sitcoms, but they decided not to go there.

I loved they referenced my favorite episode of the Dick Van Dyke show, though. Fro those who not have seen it, great takeoff on "The Invasions Of the BOdy Snatchers" sci fi classic.

Edited by dudalb

Well since she was right about the original screening and the reshoots:

Spoiler

She´s basically saying the new test screening was very good after the changes with some infos. I don´t think it´s something that we don´t know but i still put it on spoiler because i don´t want to risk.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Are all these movies just gonna be cameo roll calls for next 10 years 

Yes.

Feige probably saw Eternals at least trying something slighty new and being rejected and then he saw NWH doing the bare minimum and being treated like a masterpiece because of cameos and decide this is the right way.

Jk, i think this massive crossovers will stop for a while after DS2.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Are all these movies just gonna be cameo roll calls for next 10 years 

Starting from NWH we have:

NWH (multiversal cameo fest)

DS2 (multiversal cameo fest)  

Thor (no)

BP2 (no)

Marvels (no)

Gotg3 (no) 

quantumania (maybe?)  

blade (no)

fantastic four (maybe?)

cap 4 (no)

dp3 (maybe?)  

It’s literally just two in a row

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Starting from NWH we have:

NWH (multiversal cameo fest)

DS2 (multiversal cameo fest)  

Thor (no)

BP2 (no)

Marvels (no)

Gotg3 (no) 

quantumania (maybe?)  

blade (no)

fantastic four (maybe?)

cap 4 (no)

dp3 (maybe?)  

It’s literally just two in a row

How do we know this? Marvels can surely have tons of cameos. Blade’s voice appeared in Eternals. Guardians 3 and maybe BP2 are probably only ones I’d rule out. 

I just don’t understand the self-satisfaction of Marvel constantly patting themselves on the back. It worked for Spider-Man because recognition and self-discovery was main theme. I was initially excited for this but it’s beginning to sound obnoxious. Feels like nostalgia is the priority in cultural currency now 

50 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes.

Feige probably saw Eternals at least trying something slighty new and being rejected and then he saw NWH doing the bare minimum and being treated like a masterpiece because of cameos and decide this is the right way.

Jk, i think this massive crossovers will stop for a while after DS2.

I genuinely believe this thought process crossed his mind lol. And I dont blame him. He knows how to keep Marvel on top

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I genuinely believe this thought process crossed his mind lol. And I dont blame him. He knows how to keep Marvel on top

funny thing is that no way home and doctor strange were already finished or close to finish , by the time eternals went out with this reception....so no thats not the reason.As for eternals critics disliked it while most of audience seem to put it in the low tier mcu , in another words its a meh movie at worst , doesnt affect a thing

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, john2000 said:

funny thing is that no way home and doctor strange were already finished or close to finish , by the time eternals went out with this reception....so no thats not the reason.As for eternals critics disliked it while most of audience seem to put it in the low tier mcu , in another words its a meh movie at worst , doesnt affect a thing

Dr Strange had extensive reshoots. 

49 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How do we know this? Marvels can surely have tons of cameos. Blade’s voice appeared in Eternals. Guardians 3 and maybe BP2 are probably only ones I’d rule out. 

I just don’t understand the self-satisfaction of Marvel constantly patting themselves on the back. It worked for Spider-Man because recognition and self-discovery was main theme. I was initially excited for this but it’s beginning to sound obnoxious. Feels like nostalgia is the priority in cultural currency now 

I thought you were specifically talking about nostalgia cameos from other franchises, which pretty obviously aren’t going to happen in movies without a multiverse component.   

If all you mean is other mcu proper characters showing up, I mean, yeah, you’re gonna have 20 years of that. Audiences like connective stuff like that, it’s pretty much the big advantage of the cinematic universe model at all.

• Like 5

On 1/11/2022 at 1:41 AM, Valonqar said:

Wandavision remains Marvel's most popular and acclaimed show. Metacritic users voted it in top 5. Loki cracked Top 10. Nothing else managed to show in Top 15:

192 Succession (HBO)1,404bar2tbd Arcane (Netflix)805bar381 Mare of Easttown (HBO)682bar469 Squid Game (Netflix)658bar577 WandaVision (Disney+)584bar685 Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)446bar774 Loki (Disney+)432bar875 Midnight Mass (Netflix)381bar982 The White Lotus (HBO)380bar1096 What We Do in the Shadows (FX)319bar1173 Invincible (Prime Video)297bar1281 Hacks (HBO Max)279bar1392 The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)250bar1476 Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)227bar1591 It's a Sin (HBO Max)188bar

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/metacritic-users-pick-the-best-of-2021

So that's on top of getting real awards nominations and being the most voted on IMDB. There's no doubt that the character's stature exploded thanks to that show. 

Arcane is the greatest TV series in recent years. Astonishing work.

12 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Marvel has been doing the victory lap alot longer than that when you think about it. That logo intro? It's practically bragging "gee look at all these awesome characters you love!" Endgame's climax was basically a self-wank job 11 years in the making. Even that controversial girl team-up moment is "look at all the cool gals on our roster!" And so forth. 

I would argue the first true MCU throwing itself a bachelor party moment was the 360 scene in The Avengers. Climax of Phase 1, "yeah we actually did it!" 

11 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I thought you were specifically talking about nostalgia cameos from other franchises, which pretty obviously aren’t going to happen in movies without a multiverse component.   

If all you mean is other mcu proper characters showing up, I mean, yeah, you’re gonna have 20 years of that. Audiences like connective stuff like that, it’s pretty much the big advantage of the cinematic universe model at all.

I find fascinating how with Spider-Man and (explicitly, not implied) with Kate Bishop on the recent Hawkeye show, the MCU with the younger heroes they're meta-representing the kids back in 2012 who saw The Avengers and now are teenagers/young adults, trying to age with them.