kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

I have no interest in discussing Wanda, out of my mutual truce with Legion, But she is without a doubt the biggest draw in the MCU right now. Her fans are Boisterous, passionate, and very very protective. I would not underestimate her draw. And I would suspect that there are some discussions going on about what They can and cannot do with her character in this movie due to that.

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

What happened in CW was an accident. I’m not holding that against her. It’s her actions in AoU that irk me. She was a willing accomplice to HYDRA, manipulated Tony into creating Ultron, and made the Hulk go on a rampage, without a single shred of remorse. You would think this stuff would’ve been brought up in CW, but they aren’t. 

15 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I’m a bold contrarian with the view that usually people are only morally responsible for things within their control, so in all seriousness the “accident” is much more important than the “tortured.” Perhaps other characters in universe share this galaxy brained take ;) 

Except it wasn't an "accident". It was more akin to driving drunk and killing someone. Your intention wasn't to kill anyone but it still happened. She didn't intend to torture someone but it still happened. She still should be punished for this. Even someone deemed mentally unfit to stand trial for their crimes would be locked away where they couldn't hurt anyone else.

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Except it wasn't an "accident". It was more akin to driving drunk and killing someone. Your intention wasn't to kill anyone but it still happened. She didn't intend to torture someone but it still happened. She still should be punished for this. Even someone deemed mentally unfit to stand trial for their crimes would be locked away where they couldn't hurt anyone else.

Driving drunk is a crime because you know beforehand that it’s dangerous. That might be a good analogy to using the darkhold, but not to westview.   

She’s not really “responsible” for Westview in any morally meaningful way, the people that think she should be locked up or something for it have a really weird philosophy.   

And now I will stop talking about this due to my evidently having a truce with Cap 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

She’s not really “responsible” for Westview in any morally meaningful way, the people that think she should be locked up or something for it have a really weird philosophy.   

Dangerous people being kept away from society when they can't control their "ability" isn't a weird philosophy. Can't have it both ways. Either she isn't in control and she needs to be locked up because she's a danger to herself and others, or she is in control and needs to be locked up because she's a danger to herself and others. 

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Good luck locking up someone who can rewrite reality though :hahaha:

It's like that one comic where Thanos gets arrested by police LMAO as if that would do anything

If DS Supreme can lock Infinity Ultron/Zola away, I'm sure he can handle Wanda. She's a menace! 

• Astonished 1

She's... literally in self-imposed exile so that she doesn't hurt more people accidentally with her powers (that she is trying to understand better so as to further lower that risk)

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cap said:

I have no interest in discussing Wanda, out of my mutual truce with Legion, But she is without a doubt the biggest draw in the MCU right now. Her fans are Boisterous, passionate, and very very protective. I would not underestimate her draw. And I would suspect that there are some discussions going on about what They can and cannot do with her character in this movie due to that.

So Spider-Man just doesn't exist?

2 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

If DS Supreme can lock Infinity Ultron/Zola away, I'm sure he can handle Wanda. She's a menace! 

DS Supreme could only lock them because they were against each other, he has no chance individually and The Watcher pretty much set up everything.

Let alone DS Supreme took decades eating demons and it's the worst example for your point  when he destroyed an entire reality to save one person.

Edited by Fox20

1 hour ago, Fox20 said:

DS Supreme could only lock them because they were against each other, he has no chance individually and The Watcher pretty much set up everything.

Let alone DS Supreme took decades eating demons and it's the worst example for your point  when he destroyed an entire reality to save one person.

DS Supreme is thousand times worse than Wanda. 

Which makes me think how are they going to execute this in movie?? So far Marvel always had a villain to take fall for heroes mistake blah blah but now villain will likely be version of heroes themselves going by the trailer atleast. Interesting 

I fear we could have another divisive MCU movie if they don't tread carefully.

1 hour ago, LVB said:

1.4M likes.

Going off the NWH teaser, if you believe in trailer math, would put DS2 somewhere around $130M OW at the same point. The caveat being that the MOM teaser was already released with NWH so there wasn’t as much push to see the online version as there otherwise should have been. The only question is how many views/likes were held back? My estimate is 10-20%. OW is probably looking at $140-160M but my hope is marketing can push that to IM3/CW levels.

14 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Honestly at this point what punishment can you give Wanda she literally created an entire alternate reality, controlled a shit ton of people without even know she was doing it at one point, created a vision and 2 kids that were real but messed up because her spell was faulty. She's literally too powerful and she did all that without even really knowing the extent of her abilities 

This is sci-fi/fantasy.  If they can come up with all the stuff that she can do, someone can come up with a creative prison or way for her to serve some consequences other than "putting herself into exile."  It's not that they can't do it -- they *chose* not to, so far.  Kind of like -- not to resurrect controversy -- the finale of "Man of Steel": the filmmakers introduced the concept the Phantom Zone, and sent Faora and all the rest of the Kryptonians into it.  Since that story point was introduced, they could have easily just done so with Zod, as well -- but the writer/filmmaker CHOSE not to.  "There was no other way" is only a line -- one can always come up with another creative turn.  

13 hours ago, JonahVex said:

So Spider-Man just doesn't exist?

As long as SONY holds the license...there is always some distinct possibility that one day he WON'T return to the MCU.  He's a tangential attachment.  But of course it's in SONY and Disney/Marvel's best interest to continue the relationship, because now that fans/audiences have tasted the fruit...if it's taken away, they will surely scream bloody murder.  

Edited by Macleod

The point is... Wanda is very popular. Whether you like her or not. Her popularity surpasses half of the male leads and is most certainly a more popular female MCU character than any other female character, without question. 

In a world where Captain Marvel made over $1B and Black Widow did decent money under the circumstances, a SW movie seems like an easy sell and easy money, as well as giving the fans what they want. I just hope we haven't heard any mummers about a SW movie because Marvel haven't really given as much info on their slate past 2023, but I just fear she's going to continue to be relegated due to a supporting character.